Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My Axial SCX10 Tips and Tricks that I have done.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #1

Default My Axial SCX10 Tips and Tricks that I have done.

I figured I would start a thread on My Tip's and Trick's that I have done for my SCX10's to help other people out that are just starting out in scaling and to get the best out of there scaler. Some of theses mods might not work for others or they might have other opinions on how and what should be done but theses have worked for me great so I figured I would share

(1) I will start out that I have took off all my rubber bump stops that are located on the shock shaft. The best way to remove them without cutting them off is to remove your shocks and unscrew the ball end and then remove the rubber bump stops. (This have given me more travel and articulation for my truck)

(2)Next I have done was to added the 4 link that Axial gives you on the parts tree in the kit version or RTR version.(This has tighten the rear up a lot and took out some TT I was getting in the rear)

(3)Next was the battery tray and receiver box. I didn't like the center of gravity and roll over rate so I removed them. Next was to get a better center of gravity and water proof my electronics. So what I did was cut the legs down on my battery tray to where the steering servo would not hit the bottom of the plate and removed the metal plate and install my box on the battery tray. ( 4x2x1 radio shack experimental project box)

So now I need a place to install my battery and to be-able to remove it with the Velcro straps something that was strong and not look so junky and give me the best center of gravity. So I ended up using the mounts that where attached to the receiver box and made some spacers so the battery plate would sit on. Something that was very strong and the lowest I could get without rubbing the frame. I ended up drilling the battery plate and installing screws through the plate and into the side of the frame to make it strong.

(4)Next was the front bumper it would always get in the way of everything that it came in contact with. So what I ended up doing was taking my dremel drill and removing some of the front off the bumper.(This has help me big time now I can crawl up stuff and be-able to give it a better angle of approach)

(5)Side skid bars now that was something that didn't look good to begin with . So out came the dremel drill again and made some modification to it. This has stop me from getting hung up on stick and made it look so much better on the truck.

Here are some pictures of my truck.

I have done a lot more but for now I will leave it at this until I feel like typing more lol.

Last edited by rockcrawlerfx; 01-28-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Spelling lol
rockcrawlerfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: My Axial SCX10 Tips and Tricks that I have done.

Thanks for your input bro!
17dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #3

Your welcome will post more later
Old 01-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
RCC Addict

If you flip your skids you will get just a tiny bit more clearance, any little bit helps though.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #5

Thanks Big Daddy ill try that
Old 01-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #6

My next mod that I did was to the body. I really didn't like the diamond plated plastic bed look to me it was cheesy so I removed it. Now by removing it you lose your body mounts So I ended up using part of the tire mount that usually mounts to the plate. So now its time to make a body mount. I ended up finding a plastic spacer that came in the axial kit and a mount post that almost looks like the one attached to your shock towers.

This is how I did it I took a screw long enough to go through them all and cut the head off and connected them together almost like a ball link end but with a hole in the center to slide over a body post My next thing was to do is use a peace of the plastic tree(axial parts tree) that was the same size as the hole I had in the link so I drilled a whole to except a screw in one end. Then I drilled a whole in the center of my bumper support in the rear to except a screw and attached the body post to it from the inside. Then added the body and slid the body over the rear mount I made and it was a perfect fit so I decided to drilled a small hole to except a body pin and I was done

I have been running this on my truck for a long time and only had one mishaps from rolling hard core down a hill. The only thing that happened was the post screw pulled out of the hole so I redid the mount with a bigger screw and haven't had a problem since.

Here is a few pictures of the mod and my truck.

More mods to come that I did
Old 01-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Can you take a front shot of the modded front bumper with the body on? Thanks, nice work!
sniper101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #8

Thanks and sure here ya go. Nothing special I will be making my own tube bumper soon so this will be replaced.

My Axial SCX10 Tips and Tricks that I have done. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial tips and tricks 666 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 171 11-04-2018 08:13 AM
Axial XR10 Tips & Tricks Brandon Axial XR10 191 10-11-2014 02:56 AM
scx10 tricks and tips sticky? lagz2point0 Axial SCX-10 10 10-09-2011 11:17 AM
SCX10 Tricks and Tips? TOMS97ZJ Axial SCX-10 10 12-29-2010 08:05 AM
Any tips and tricks to get MORE TRAVEL out of a SCX10 TR? yellowpasta2000 Axial SCX-10 2 11-19-2009 11:55 AM