Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: scx10 - 80 chevy long bed with trailer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #1

Default scx10 - 80 chevy long bed with trailer

i originally started this in the 1.9 scale section , wasnt sure how "scale" i was going to go with this so i decided to put in the scx10 section. so if u wana see kinda where im at check this out

dual axle trailer for 1.9 scaler

so the trailer is more or less done , couple of adjustments to make but for now its on the back burner .

scx10 honcho kit with 80 chevy long bed body
mamba max esc on 3s jus pushin stock 27t for now
probably futaba 4pl tx/rx but ax2 for now will switch when i get my winch
custom 4 link setup with basically stock honcho wheelbase 12 1/4 "
as2 servo for now prob a hitec7954 and ccbec

I got the scx10 rolling around but not sure how happy i am with the height the body is sitting at , i really didnt want to cut the fenders out i like the look of the rolled lip on the fender and the stock wheel wells but i also would like to run this tire (baja claw) although i havent had much chance to hit the rocks with it as all we have is snow right now so who knows maybe i wont even like the tire. i have considered going with fender flares might open up the wheel well a bit so i can put body down a bit more but i think they will get in the way of the paint scheme i got going on which would kinda be a p#ss off .

so wondering what your guys thoughts are here is some pics so you can see what im talkin about.

Last edited by cuttyman; 02-07-2012 at 12:22 AM.
cuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #2

Default Re: scx10 - 80 chevy long bed with trailer

just some pics of the winter rubber for a gander

Old 02-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #3

and the tires im actually going to be using most of the time with the body as close as i could get to frame without to much rubbing on the tires so even at this height the body does rub the tires

so that where its sitting any ideas are welcome , as i said i dont wana trim the body too much if at all really and i would like to start making some custom steel bumpers front and back as i think the stock one is sitting too low in comparison to body and i dont like the approach angle of it. but as it sits the bumpers would end up being higher then the frame and i think would probably look a little stupid, im lost i duno what to do
Old 02-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Looking good!

Judging from the 1st pic in the above post, it looks like you could use some plates to double the height of the rear frame rails and move the bumper mounts up about 1/2". IMO I'd do the same to the front and trim off the body's bumper. Without opening the wheelwells and lowering the body, that's the only way to get the bumpers near where they should be.
Dudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeman View Post
Looking good!

Judging from the 1st pic in the above post, it looks like you could use some plates to double the height of the rear frame rails and move the bumper mounts up about 1/2". IMO I'd do the same to the front and trim off the body's bumper. Without opening the wheelwells and lowering the body, that's the only way to get the bumpers near where they should be.
thnx for input , i know its kind of a stupid question other then choppin up body not much i can do really but ill play around with that idea see how turns out.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #6

i have thought about going with longer shocks but that would just raise my cog and change my wheelbase.i got some time in that 4 link set up and dont want to have to mess with it i may jus have to show a bit of frame.... and incase anyone notices yes those are the bent lowers and no they do not hit my uppers i also took out the shock limiters and they still dont hit , althought my frame does hit that stock 4 link bar front and rear. axle mounted servo also hits frame at times

Last edited by cuttyman; 02-07-2012 at 12:31 AM.

scx10 - 80 chevy long bed with trailer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redneck Chevy Pickup Bed Trailer OlYelr 1.9 Scale Rigs 21 04-03-2009 06:52 PM
Chevy trailer bed Crawln Coles 1.9 Scale Rigs 5 10-15-2008 08:05 AM
Chevy C-10 Xtra Long Bed Krawlin Newbie General 2 07-30-2007 08:11 PM
72 Chevy C10 Long Bed TLTCrawlin Chit Chat 5 10-17-2006 06:27 PM