Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Extra Led's for the new RTR Honcho existing light system?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #1

Default Extra Led's for the new RTR Honcho existing light system?

Hey guys.

I have a heaps of extra LED's froim other kits and want to add more to the stock RTR Honcho, What I want to do is just solder them to the exisiting LED wires.

If I unplug the the ones with the truck and plug in my spares they all light up so the bulbs are correct it's just I have only two sockets on the RTR Kit is it going to overload the light unit if I solder more on?

Any help is grateful !! Gotta say from this site I have done a few mods
Added the 4 metal link kit, removed the rear bump stops, added weight in the wheels and also got a set of the old Honcho TR beedlocks rims.
Shimmed the drive spur shaft to remove the play. and running a 2s Lipo 4600mh. truck goes well and I am suprised how well the AE2 ESC is performing thus far. The new 2.4ghz system is very good too! Thumbs up on Axials updates to the RTR or TR.

hopefully can use these extra light buckets without buying a light socket system
eddie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Extra Led's for the new RTR Honcho existing light system?

with them wired in series (stock axial) the rear plug will only pull 2 led's and the front will omly pull 5 led's. if you rewire them to parellel(tamiya light strings are this way) you can run more. i know the rear plug is able to run 4 that way. not sure just how many you could run off the one controller though.
rebel35747 is offline   Reply With Quote

Extra Led's for the new RTR Honcho existing light system? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
honcho light system? tzenev Axial SCX-10 11 03-03-2013 07:58 PM
Adding a 3rd set of LED's w/ custom light bar burtonkidd Electronics 2 11-20-2011 07:37 PM
11.1V to Honcho LED's? Pappy Axial SCX-10 8 05-27-2010 02:56 PM
Does the Honcho TR come with led's? R/CMaxximus5.0 Axial SCX-10 6 04-20-2010 01:21 PM