Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: torque twist?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2019, 07:15 PM   #1

Default torque twist?

ive been battling this seemingly forever now, and not sure where to even look anymore.

the whole body on my (whats left of) SCX10 dips on the left/drivers side. This is the same side as the driveline/transmission.

Ive tried cranking the spring on the right/passenger side to be super soft and the left/drivers side to as hard as possible, but it doesn't matter.

As soon as I hit the throttle, it dips hard down on the left/drivers/driveline side. After a few minutes of driving the whole body just hangs low on that side and from that point forward.

is it a link position or length issue? stock SCX10 deadbolt links, albeit worn down now.
Could it be the axle housings and their orientation to the driveline/transmission? The internals are scx10 stock, but the housings are from OttSix which does give it a different angle.

frame is BPC, as is battery tray and sliders.

I don't want to tear it down to a pile of spare parts, and I don't want to just throw piles of parts at unrelated area's - but I do want it fixed.

ideas?
eucasafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2019, 01:36 PM   #2

Default Re: torque twist?

Ok, ive been doing a lot more research on my own and I have some idea's on where to start now.

First, I need to look heavily at my upper links Vs pinion angle.
Second, i'll try doing the transmission mirror mod.

It's really more than just torque twist, as after a few minutes of driving the whole body shifts its weight down on that side.

After I do the above mods ill take a video of what it looks like, assuming it'll still be problematic then.
eucasafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:59 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Are one of your wheels dragging on the inside? I had a major problem like you are describing. Turns out the wheels were rubbing. Check to see if something is rubbing.
Daycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 03:28 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucasafari View Post
Ok, ive been doing a lot more research on my own and I have some idea's on where to start now.

First, I need to look heavily at my upper links Vs pinion angle.
Second, i'll try doing the transmission mirror mod.

It's really more than just torque twist, as after a few minutes of driving the whole body shifts its weight down on that side.

After I do the above mods ill take a video of what it looks like, assuming it'll still be problematic then.
Good that you're reading around.

Do as you said, also mirror the transmission/skidplate and it eliminates the TT almost entirely. I ran stock shocks/springs with preload backed way off and 30wt oil, green slime on shock seals (rebuild with the newer X-rings). Sticking shocks can also cause the truck to not rebound properly and kinda get stuck leaned over whichever way is sticking the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
Are one of your wheels dragging on the inside? I had a major problem like you are describing. Turns out the wheels were rubbing. Check to see if something is rubbing.
Good suggestion too.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

That's why I got trx4 axles. They help a bunch to reduce torque twist. You might want to get a larger pinion too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:04 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Over drive gear in the front under drive the rear, no more TT.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:51 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I did OD front only, was plenty good. UD rear would have been nicer though due to more ring/pinion gear teeth engagement, but it never caused any problems for me in years of hard running.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

torque twist? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Torque twist 63comet Axial RR10 Bomber 54 07-22-2016 01:25 PM
ECX Temper Torque Twist Mod - Reduce torque twist driftomaniacs Scale Videos! 0 05-14-2016 04:39 PM
torque twist dodgesavageone Venom Creeper 6 03-02-2011 11:17 PM
Torque twist? minnesotamudder General Crawlers 10 08-05-2010 08:16 AM