Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: SCX10 Dingo Build Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #1

Default SCX10 Dingo Build Questions

So my Dingo kit arrived at my doorstep today, really fast for ordering it last Sunday, but that's Tower Hobbies for you. I've made many kit cars/trucks in the past, but this is my first crawler and now that I'm getting back into RC at an older age, I want to approach things a lot differently. The first question I have is what tools will be useful in the build, other than the basics such as hex keys, wrenches, screwdriver, scissors, bodycutter, pliers, and sidecutter. Are there any other tools that I will be needing? Secondly, I wanted to know what the average time is for building the kit. Just the chassis, not including time spent painting/detailing and assembling the body. Thanks ahead of time for any feedback, and I'll post pictures of the whole ordeal when I'm done. As a side note I'm painting the body in Neon Pink, cuz its very manly.
evankitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: SCX10 Dingo Build Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evankitz View Post
So my Dingo kit arrived at my doorstep today, really fast for ordering it last Sunday, but that's Tower Hobbies for you. I've made many kit cars/trucks in the past, but this is my first crawler and now that I'm getting back into RC at an older age, I want to approach things a lot differently. The first question I have is what tools will be useful in the build, other than the basics such as hex keys, wrenches, screwdriver, scissors, bodycutter, pliers, and sidecutter. Are there any other tools that I will be needing? Secondly, I wanted to know what the average time is for building the kit. Just the chassis, not including time spent painting/detailing and assembling the body. Thanks ahead of time for any feedback, and I'll post pictures of the whole ordeal when I'm done. As a side note I'm painting the body in Neon Pink, cuz its very manly.
A good hex set , Reamer, Body scissors, and CA Glue and your golden. Oh Locktite and Grease also The kit does not have much grease with it
Tom95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #3

we built ours in hours, minus the body paint. only used the tools you posted up. Super simple build.
VanceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #4

Axials kits and instructions are really good! I built mine over a couple of nights while watching TV. Ive built a few race kits over the years and this was my first, of what will prolly be many, crawler builds! I havent had this much fun with a RC since I got that gold tub RC10 when i was a kid!
BIGMANliltoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

If you're old and can't see like me..........Needle-nose, Helping-hands holder, good soldering-iron (and cheater-flux). A good set of hex-drivers, you'll learn to hate the folding sets really quick, Loc-Tite for those driveshaft grubs....
ridepate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #6

A 5.5mm wrench helped me out, there's a few spots that are awkward with a nut driver or the box set T.
Formiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

pair of baby needle nose helped me build my honcho kit, took an afternoon not counting the body and beadlocks.
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #8

I have learned quickly that my folding hex set is terrible for this. Pinched myself countless times while screwing in the axles. But you know what they say, no pain no gain!
evankitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #9

Hello, Id like to point out to the misunderstands and bugs in the Dingo's manual...
Thread 1
Thread 2
BrAtKo is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10 Dingo Build Questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 Dingo Solitaire Axial SCX-10 5 12-06-2011 12:30 AM
My SCX10 TR Dingo rover901 Axial SCX-10 64 05-22-2011 03:09 AM
Newb w/ an SCX10 TR Dingo - questions... cadillac Axial SCX-10 4 02-19-2011 01:34 AM
Honcho vs. Dingo and parts questions fiveo Axial SCX-10 16 06-25-2010 05:16 PM
newbie SCX10 build questions Scott VA Newbie General 2 01-04-2010 04:58 PM