RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/)
-   -   wheel offsets and size (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/381080-wheel-offsets-size.html)

bronc4now 04-30-2012 11:54 AM

wheel offsets and size

Ok so i just picked up a dingo kit and I'm already looking to add some 2.2 wheels probably some mayhem beadlocks .

Things that i could not find info on ..
Width of wheel ? 1" or 1.25" or if i go vp .7 ? Front/rear and why ? Running pitbulls tires .

Next hub offsets I have many to choose from what works for the stock dingo and should i get more then one set just in case I change something down the road ?

devenaberger 04-30-2012 01:04 PM

Re: wheel offsets and size

best look at some sort of lift before you go with the 2.2s i thought i was going to do the same thing with my cherokee that is already taller than a stock dingo and theres just no way

slipangle 04-30-2012 01:55 PM

dude, just buy the wheels/tires you want and use different width wheel hexes to get the desired offset, like stampede hexes(widest you can get) or touring car ones, etc. as for the clearance on 2.2's, youre either gonna have to do some major trimming, raise the body, or if need be (i wouldnt) put a lift on the rig."thumbsup"........btw, why not just go with a tall 1.9 to get the desired tire size, unless youre just going for the monster tire look...

bronc4now 04-30-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devenaberger (Post 3709653)
best look at some sort of lift before you go with the 2.2s i thought i was going to do the same thing with my cherokee that is already taller than a stock dingo and theres just no way

really ive seen a few with 2.2s it can be done..

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipangle (Post 3709711)
dude, just buy the wheels/tires you want and use different width wheel hexes to get the desired offset, like stampede hexes(widest you can get) or touring car ones, etc. as for the clearance on 2.2's, youre either gonna have to do some major trimming, raise the body, or if need be (i wouldnt) put a lift on the rig."thumbsup"........btw, why not just go with a tall 1.9 to get the desired tire size, unless youre just going for the monster tire look...

ok i forgot touring cars do have a good selction of hexes, but id rather buy the correct ones when i pick my wheels i think makes more sense "thumbsup"..

Solitaire 04-30-2012 07:37 PM

2.2 Pitbulls are a very wide tire. I wouldn't go any less than a 1" wheel, personally. I have them mounted on 1.2" wide Motoworx wheels and they fit nicely.

bronc4now 04-30-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solitaire (Post 3710318)
2.2 Pitbulls are a very wide tire. I wouldn't go any less than a 1" wheel, personally. I have them mounted on 1.2" wide Motoworx wheels and they fit nicely.

Cool thanks "thumbsup"
But I think I might just do 1.9 for now
And after looking at those there's no options really for width or hub size so that makes it easy to pick one ..