Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: wheel offsets and size

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default wheel offsets and size

Ok so i just picked up a dingo kit and I'm already looking to add some 2.2 wheels probably some mayhem beadlocks .

Things that i could not find info on ..
Width of wheel ? 1" or 1.25" or if i go vp .7 ? Front/rear and why ? Running pitbulls tires .

Next hub offsets I have many to choose from what works for the stock dingo and should i get more then one set just in case I change something down the road ?
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: wheel offsets and size

best look at some sort of lift before you go with the 2.2s i thought i was going to do the same thing with my cherokee that is already taller than a stock dingo and theres just no way
devenaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

dude, just buy the wheels/tires you want and use different width wheel hexes to get the desired offset, like stampede hexes(widest you can get) or touring car ones, etc. as for the clearance on 2.2's, youre either gonna have to do some major trimming, raise the body, or if need be (i wouldnt) put a lift on the rig.........btw, why not just go with a tall 1.9 to get the desired tire size, unless youre just going for the monster tire look...

Last edited by slipangle; 04-30-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added more
slipangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by devenaberger View Post
best look at some sort of lift before you go with the 2.2s i thought i was going to do the same thing with my cherokee that is already taller than a stock dingo and theres just no way
really ive seen a few with 2.2s it can be done..

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipangle View Post
dude, just buy the wheels/tires you want and use different width wheel hexes to get the desired offset, like stampede hexes(widest you can get) or touring car ones, etc. as for the clearance on 2.2's, youre either gonna have to do some major trimming, raise the body, or if need be (i wouldnt) put a lift on the rig.........btw, why not just go with a tall 1.9 to get the desired tire size, unless youre just going for the monster tire look...
ok i forgot touring cars do have a good selction of hexes, but id rather buy the correct ones when i pick my wheels i think makes more sense ..
Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
RCC Addict

2.2 Pitbulls are a very wide tire. I wouldn't go any less than a 1" wheel, personally. I have them mounted on 1.2" wide Motoworx wheels and they fit nicely.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
2.2 Pitbulls are a very wide tire. I wouldn't go any less than a 1" wheel, personally. I have them mounted on 1.2" wide Motoworx wheels and they fit nicely.
Cool thanks
But I think I might just do 1.9 for now
And after looking at those there's no options really for width or hub size so that makes it easy to pick one ..

wheel offsets and size - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
40 series wheel offsets MaxxZilla Tires and Wheels 3 12-03-2010 11:50 AM
understanding wheel offsets and more.... James003 Tires and Wheels 0 04-22-2010 04:51 PM
VP Wheel Offsets for Bullys EXW RC4WD Bully 7 01-19-2010 05:42 PM
which wheel offsets for vp dh procomp's J-Money Team Losi Comp Crawler 8 10-11-2009 03:41 PM
Advantage of Wheel Offsets? CoolRC Newbie General 1 07-07-2009 09:53 PM