Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: smallest SCX10 package?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #1

Default smallest SCX10 package?

I'm in the process of designing a 1:1 rock crawler. I've built a basic 1:24 scale model to get an idea of the look and size and everything to help design the full size one. I'm wanting to do a functional r/c model of it to design the suspension of it and get an idea of how the real thing will perform. I want to use a supercharged ford 5.4 or the 5.0 coyote engine in the real thing and i want the scrawler to have a engine under the hood, i found a 1:12 Shelby mustang model with the engine in it. and also have a close to full interior from the wraith in it. i want to use at least the top half of the engine to have the look of the engine. the SCX10 has the width right on the axles and the wheels are close and i have one already. so i'm going try to make this scrawler 1:12 scale instead of the 1:10 the SCX10 is.

my question is and request is if anyone has pictures on how they've done it, whats the tightest smallest why to package the stock RTR SCX10 motor/trans, esc, receiver/light controller box, and a 3s lipo battery i have? I hope to start building the scrawler next week and i want to get an idea before i start. thanks for the help.
fordboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: smallest SCX10 package?

What kind of rig you building?

i'd suggest you start by just looking through LOTS of builds in the scaler sections of the forum. you will see many ways to get clever with positioning your drivetrain and electronic components if you don't want them so visible for making full interiors, etc. as for an engine under the hood - you'll probably have to fab some sort of faux deal in there, kinda like the RC4WD "fracture" rig. otherwise i would look at making a setup like the RC4WD Trail Finder 2 or other similar custom build where they have a front-mounted motor and use a transfer case in the traditional placement; and just rock the electric motor as-is since it's an RC
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #3

Default Re: smallest SCX10 package?

look up hosstyle in the 1.9 section

Hosstyle Hilux new project.

Last edited by Bill8Bud; 07-14-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Bill8Bud is offline   Reply With Quote

smallest SCX10 package? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
smallest receiver? theloudone Electronics 13 02-21-2012 10:19 AM
Smallest state over here.... 4u2nv Rhode Island 12 02-29-2008 03:10 PM