Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Thinking about getting into crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #1

Default Thinking about getting into crawling

Like the title says I'm thinking about getting into crawling and I really like the axial scx10 trail honcho anyones opinion or feedback would help out a lot Im not new to the RC world i have 4 other RCs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lespaul02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Thinking about getting into crawling

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaul02 View Post
Like the title says I'm thinking about getting into crawling and I really like the axial scx10 trail honcho anyones opinion or feedback would help out a lot Im not new to the RC world i have 4 other RCs

Honestly its a matter of personal preference between the Honcho and Dingo, kit or rtr. If i were to buy a new one, i would definitely go with a kit again, it gives you a serious understanding of how a scaler works when you build it yourself. The honcho comes with a slightly longer wheelbase, so when you start giving it more power you will notice a slight stability difference between the two. Other than that, the dingo kit comes with a 4-link kit, aluminum lower links and steering rods, the Wild Boar 8 driveshafts (may only be the Dingo kit, but IMO a great lightweight driveshaft and better than the stock Honcho shafts), and you get to put loctite exactly where you need it!

If its your first crawler, there's no better option than the SCX-10. Which model is up to you, If you're serious in the hobby I suggest the Dingo kit (completely biased opinion based on what i own), But I guarantee you will start upgrading parts/electronics pretty quick, and through experience you will find what is best for you.

This response was fueled by 8 bottles of James Ready 5.5%. Did I make sense?
jp0160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #3

WATCH IT!!!!! The crawler bug will get u LOL I started as a honcho but switched wheelbase to suit the body I wanted I actually made 3 sets of links to fit my different bodies so the rtr was ok for me because I knew I was gonna make my own links my stock electronics were ok for a start I have heard horror stories bout axial electronics you are definitely in the right place for all the info you'll ever need good luck
jimbob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #4

Honcho is coming with the WB8 shafts now too just FYI.
Honcho Legger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #5
I joined the Band!

i picked up a ax10 scorpion rtr due to a trade... if i had a choice id rather have a scx-10.. to which i will have eventually...
either way... if you get a RTR you will have to learn how to fix it when the times comes.. but a kit will allow you to build it and know ahead of time when something breaks what is going on.. I wish mine was new and a kit as when I take it apart.. i learn something each time...
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I have both the Honcho and the Dingo. Love them both either way you can't go wrong. If you plan on going 2.2 though I would say the Honcho, less mods to make them fit right.
Carolina Scaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

ive had mine for 2 months and it gets played with more than any of my other cars there fin and really customizable
gsrcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Once you start you cant stop lol
xslashguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #9

Thank for all the advice.

lespaul02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thinking about getting into crawling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
thinking about crawling in duluth GR1B Minnesota 10 08-07-2012 11:11 PM
new to crawling was thinking losi comp crawler? racerx128 Newbie General 0 12-13-2011 09:14 PM
new to crawling was thinking losi comp crawler? racerx128 Newbie General 0 12-13-2011 09:07 PM
Thinking of crawling sat morning radcal Arizona 26 06-19-2011 06:22 PM
San Deigo crawling group thinking about starting one badtodabone Competitions 9 10-25-2004 03:14 AM