Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Tundra Body question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #1

Default Tundra Body question

Ok so I got my tundra body today and for the life of me I can't figure how to attach the bed and front cab together.Do you just leave it as two pieces?
Venomcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Usually tamiya sells a separate parts tree for all the body mounting accessories including mounts, brackets and what not.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #3

Default Re: Tundra Body question

that's what thought but have yet to find it for the tundra.
Venomcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #4

Far as I can tell, people leave them in 2 pieces when they mount them onto the SCX10. I think they even mount on the actual Tamiya truck in 2 pieces also.
Honcho Legger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

You can do what I did either use styrene and mold it into one piece and reinforce it with screws/nuts inside the body pieces where the back of the cab meets the front of the bed. Or an easier way is to take two strips of styrene as thick as you can get and join the cab and body together on the inside so it looks more realistic with a gap between the cab and bed.

The Tamiya High Lift chassis has a hinge on it where the bed swings back and the cab is screwed in place by 4 screws on the bottom of the doors. I sold my Tundra High Lift almost a year ago...just not capable enough as an SCX chassis.

Here's pics....the matte black Tundra is my banger Tundra that I mounted on my CC-01 so it sees a lot of damage. The red Tundra is my 1:1 copy with all the emblems and I drive that one very carefully lol.

To attach it securely from the huge hood I used Shoe Goo with those foam pads that they use in ESC/brushless motor packaging and glue enough together to level it out. Followed by more Shoe Goo that I attach a big strip of velcro to. Then I glue a bunch of leftover lexan in layers and make a little rectangular base and drill 2 holes in it to clip it between the front body posts. The other end of the velcro attaches to it. To secure the bed portion I just drilled 2 holes in the bed and have the back body posts through it with those tiny black body clips.

Make sure you buy the name brand Velcro that's waterproof and has the highest load rating!

I tried using neodymium rare earth magnets but the problem is after some time the magnets no longer stick to the chassis....I've tried using thick CA, Shoe Goo, and liquid cement.

Hope that helps ya out....I was lost too when I did these!

Last edited by alexchen86; 07-18-2012 at 01:52 PM.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tundra Body question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tundra body wb rocksteadily General Scale Talk 3 07-19-2011 07:00 PM