Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: my scx10 courier

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default my scx10 courier

So ive had this truck built for a couple years but its just been sitting for the last year or so but i decided to dust it off and upgrade it. Its a blast to drive and has been pretty durable but i hope to remedy the few weaknesses in the next while

specs include
dx3c radio
mamba max/CCBEC/hitec 5955/integy V11 45t/3s 1300mah lipo
stock axles with heavy duty lockers
hand bros CMS
4 link rear supsension using a local guys cnc'd axle bracket
disco'd proline courier lid
steel yokes
rc4wd sliders and rear bumper
3 racing winch
I run either rokloxs on rc4wd steel bls, proline swampers on axial bls, or i might even try some baja claw TTCs

I have a few upgrades planned for the next few weeks that include:
robinson steel trans gears
alu C's and rear lockouts-DONE
new longer rear upper links-DONE
MIP d shafts-DONE
pitbull tires on axial bls with MThead rings-DONE
front rc4wd bumper-DONE
proline scale shocks
aluminum shock towers-DONE
axial universals-DONE

Anyway here are a few pics

Last edited by dittohead; 10-06-2012 at 03:33 PM.
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: my scx10 courier

Here is a couple pics of it with its new lid and tires. Im not sure about either of them, the f150 body is too wide for my liking and the TTCs are just huuge

I might just have to stretch the WB and chop off the box and build a tube bed, we will see
Old 08-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

That set up looks pretty decent always liked that ford body style
Rodamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Looks great mate those Courier bodies are the go, pitty proline dont make em anymore hey...
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I really prefer the look of wide axles under the low,narrower courier body plus it makes the truck a little more capable which is huge to me. Im not really into the whole scale thing with drivers and stuff. Even putting on the sliders and bumper was hard for me because it made the truck less capable. I guess its a balance. When the other 2 baja claws show up ill try them out and go from there, but so far it looks like the f150 body will have to be cut alot to make it look right to me
Old 08-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
RCC Addict

What you end up doin with the Courier body? I love both those bodies personally and own a couple of both!
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
What you end up doin with the Courier body? I love both those bodies personally and own a couple of both!
Matt
Oh im keeping the courier its also my favorite body. Id like to find a few more eventually. I read your thread the courier you built is great i like how it turned out!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I appreciate it!!! Unfortunately my original body is gettin to the point where its prolly gonna have to be retired soon! I used to have a couple layin around but they are so expensive when you find one unpainted its almost a shame to paint it then abuse it. Oh well, just means we gotta keep the ones we got together at all costs!
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

You say the body is too wide, in a different post someone said the 79 f150 is 8 inches wide, I've search every hobby website I could find on google and the only 79 f150 bodies I can find are 7.25 inches wide, I want the wider one, where can I find the wider one?
Superbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbeast View Post
You say the body is too wide, in a different post someone said the 79 f150 is 8 inches wide, I've search every hobby website I could find on google and the only 79 f150 bodies I can find are 7.25 inches wide, I want the wider one, where can I find the wider one?

Im using the HPI 79 f150 body, i measured it and at the widest point its 8 inches wide. When i say its too wide, im referring to how wide it is compared to the courier body i usually run, which is over an inch narrower and i much prefer that, but thats only my preference, the hpi body fits the scx really well.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Went to a new spot for some crawling, was a great spot with endless lines to mess around on, ran a couple packs through the truck until i tossed a front driveshaft, too bad i ordered MIPs a week ago but they arent here yet. I also picked up a rc4wd front bumper and mounted it up. I didnt like the stock mounting as it would have made the bumper stick out SUPER far, so i cut up the mounting ears, drilled some holes for the 3r winch and mounting points, and notched the hand bros. CMS kit for bolt clearance, and i go a low pro bumper and the winch hides behind the bumper. Good enough for me!
The other truck is a buddies scx10 honcho which has lots of good stuff in it but will be a 4door jk by the next trip

Old 08-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
RCC Addict

One more showing the tucked in bumper better

Old 08-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

love the bumper dude!
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
love the bumper dude!
Thanks! There was no way i was gonna put it on stock, it stuck out a mile!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Just got through with another round of upgrades, im liking this truck more and more all the time!

This week i added axial alu chubs and knuckles, modded some old axial steering tierods into new rear lower links to achieve 11-3/4" WB but im going to shorten them so im at 11-5/8" so the rear wheel is perfectly centered in the wheel opening. I also put on a set of pitbulls on axial wheels with MThead rings. These are the best tires i have ran, and look perfect on the truck IMO. Im gonna run the f150 body now that i have the pitbulls

Old 09-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Few more pics from today, got a solid 2-1/2 hour crawling session in with no breakage. The rigs worked good although we found my buddies rc4wd iroks are terrible on basically all surfaces. From loose dirt climbs to jagged grabby rock, to smooth river rock, the pitbulls on my truck left him behind everywhere, even with my truck having a shorter WB. Maybe the new supersoft versions will be better i hope

Last edited by dittohead; 09-02-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

looks better every time i see it, i'm glad to hear that you think the pitbulls are the best tyres you had run cos i was thinking about getting some rok lox (running tsl at the moment) but seeing you had run them both and said the pitbulls are better i have finally made my mind on what tyres i should get, so thanks, i bet you weren't expecting that.....lol
pobrockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I really like the f150 body on the scx. Looks like a great place to play also.
Bigfoot87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobrockcrawler View Post
looks better every time i see it, i'm glad to hear that you think the pitbulls are the best tyres you had run cos i was thinking about getting some rok lox (running tsl at the moment) but seeing you had run them both and said the pitbulls are better i have finally made my mind on what tyres i should get, so thanks, i bet you weren't expecting that.....lol
I have run roklox, proline swampers and mickey thompson ttc tires and the best ones have been the pitbulls. The proline swampers would be just as good if they were a bit taller, that is my main issue with them. I will be trying out the rc4wd iroks in the new super soft compound, im hoping they work because they look sweet. I didnt expect the pitbulls to be very good, but they really are the perfect tire for me at this point
Old 09-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot87 View Post
I really like the f150 body on the scx. Looks like a great place to play also.

Thanks! Its getting there but im not the type that can leave anything alone for long! I think a bronco body will be on this rig soon, but i try to keep the chassis setup the same so i can swap them around. We are lucky here this crawling spot is about 10 mins from my house and there are endless areas like this all over

my scx10 courier - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Courier Question Toph 2.2 Scale Rigs 9 07-18-2007 03:58 AM
update to my courier CaptainSafety 2.2 Scale Rigs 5 08-19-2006 10:08 PM
My Courier 4X4 JEFF Newbie General 9 03-10-2006 09:11 AM
Courier got some use 1BadJeepBruiser Tamiya TLT Crawlers 5 10-11-2005 05:59 AM