Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: "Not so Old" Blue.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default "Not so Old" Blue.

Not quite finished yet but here what i have going. Originally was on a scx10 chassis with a full bed but i got tired of hanging the back of the bed up everywhere. So i had this truggy frame that someone else built laying around and measured it up, turns out the dinky summit cradle fits right in there.
I still need to mount the rear area of the body by the cage somehow, make a filler panel for the lower rear cab, find out what batteries can fit in the tsc toolbox, run my lights, and find a place to mount my receiver.
Heres what it looked like before.

And the pictures i have now with 2.2's, remember its not complete.

And here with 1.9's. I love the way the tsl's handle but i dont like how small they are. Might go with some 1.9 iroks or claws.

Lukescb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: "Not so Old" Blue.

Cool
BadRockNoCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Love the tube bed with that body! Great choice, keep up the good work!
a2hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thanks alot, although i just realized how crappy my pictures were.... Anyway i have my electronics all buttoned up. and took it for a body-less test run with a 4000mah 2s velcrod to the sliders and it crawls like a goat. Way better than the last chassis, i believe its due to all the extra weight. Still trying to decide how to mount the body in the back. Also trying to decide if i want to make some panels for the bed.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Won some batteries on ebay last night that fit in the toolbox. Now need to make a filler panel for the back of the body and mount the body to it. This would be so much easier if i had a welder....
Old 08-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Made some wheelwells while the power was our(hurricane) Still need to grab some black paint for them. Also changed out the springs on the rear shocks, the red ones were too stiff for my liking. Also got the headlights installed, i want to get another set of white LED's for the lower holes in the headlights.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

The 2.2 set looks pretty good on there but it looks like you get a significant amount of rub. The 1.9 set looks good also but the width seems a bit lacking. I say get some taller 1.9s and axle wideners to help the stance a bit. Looking great.
Nvghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

What did you use to make the wheel wells ? looks like maybe a Gatorade bottle ?
sb4pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvghostrider View Post
The 2.2 set looks pretty good on there but it looks like you get a significant amount of rub. The 1.9 set looks good also but the width seems a bit lacking. I say get some taller 1.9s and axle wideners to help the stance a bit. Looking great.
I used to get alot of rub but I limited the shocks to right before they rub. I am still looking at some 1.9's but i want them the exact height of the slingers, looks like iroks are perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb4pro View Post
What did you use to make the wheel wells ? looks like maybe a Gatorade bottle ?
I used one of those CD holders,
Google Image Result for http://www.microscan.com.my/images/CD%2520round%2520case.jpg

Last edited by Lukescb7; 08-23-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Just scored an ofna radio from my friend just to have a 2.4 to throw in the scaler, turns out it has a 2position third channel. Works great for the 2-speed.
Also messed around with making some panels for the bed and back of the cab, have them mocked up but not permanently mounted yet, i plan on putting velcro on it and the back of the cab to mount the rear of the body. I'm also going to finish out the corners of the cab.Heres a picture.

I also played around with the idea of running a spare or two on the back kind of pre-runner style. Mocked it up with tsl's but would either run two paddles or one spare slinger.

I also have these tamiya 2.2's kicking around. there actually pretty soft, i think with some siping they wouldnt be too bad. think im going to stick with the slingers though, any opinions?
Old 08-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Got the electronics box in and took her for a little muddy shakedown run. Runs great, didnt get stuck once and throws some nice roosters in 2nd. This battery isnt the final one, just my 2s im using for practice.

Dirty nuts.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Cool lookin rig!! Wish I could find one or 2 of those bodies around here, but never seen one. Just my opinion...but I like the look of the 1.9 swampers, myself.
94smasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Thanks. Ive only seen a few on the board. Its a newbright, thats as much as i know. Other than its a 2010ish silverado. I liked the 1.9' tsl's when i had it mocked up with tlt axles cause then they would tuck under perfect like the 1:1. I would like to have some taller 1.9's for it. Maybe some 1.9claws or iroks. I think i have a picture of the width with tlt axles, it was perfect.

Edit- heres a picture of the body just sitting on the axles and tires. No chassis.

Last edited by Lukescb7; 08-27-2012 at 05:51 PM.

"Not so Old" Blue. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2007 GMC Yukon. AKA "Big Blue!" J'aimesetrainer Large Scale Rigs 2 10-22-2012 05:27 PM
shock limiting. servo "blue arrow" es79 Newbie General 2 04-02-2010 07:23 AM
CRSMacgyver's T1E "Blue Ice" Rock Steady Uroplatus Paint and Body 25 03-22-2009 07:50 AM
Project Code Named "Blue Thunder" Kyle Hess Tamiya TLT Crawlers 2 05-06-2007 09:23 PM