Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: yard and crawl battery motor esc opinions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default yard and crawl battery motor esc opinions

im getting a scx10 going from a high lift. i mostly run the yard, little crawl at the edge of my property. i still have left over 6cell nimh battery packs, i think its time to get current, i think 2s, whats the most common ones used? what about brushless motors? id like to get a esc i can use in a sc10 also
TZona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: yard and crawl battery motor esc opinions

Theres lots of threads about this subject. But something like CC mamba type would suit both needs and as of batteries its really opinion in my opinion. I like Zippy/Turnigy batteries(read: cheap), while other prefer to spend more money then necessary on something that dies relatively quickly compared to other things.

Wouldnt be able to give you opinions about brushless as i run brushed, if you go the brushed route...Holmes Hobbies makes some killer motors. But Tekin, Brood and others are excellent choices as well.
a2hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I don't know how commonly used by members of this forum as I just recently joined, but I have had several SPC Lipo's for a while. I ran them in my Rustler. I sold the 3s, but run the 2s 25c 5000mah hard pack in my new Honcho. I have yet to run this battery to lvc in the Honcho, but I am guessing I will get about 3 - 4 hours out of it. I got 45 minutes in my Rustler and the battery ran very well with lots of power. I am running the stock esc and motor so I can't tell you what brushless combo would be best in a crawler. I ran a Dynamite bl system in my Rustler and then went to a HW system (60amp esc w/4000kv 8.5t motor). Both were good for my needs at the time.
SmokeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
RCC Addict

If you plan at all, ever, possibly, maybe taking it in the drink, go with a brushed motor. Brushless motors don't like water very much.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

whats a good mid priced servo
TZona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:01 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Mamba max pro for the esc! It will do everything you need it to do and then some! This will allow you to run either brushed or brushless of one esc and handle up to 6s lipo!

Hi tech 645 servo can be bought new for $37.00. Stay away from the traxxas 2075 It's a piece of trash! The plastic gears will fail.
CRAWLERJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

iv been running solar servos D772 hv from hobbypartz. its a off brand, but seem to be a decent servo for the money. its high voltage,i have it wired strait to the esc battery plug and feed it 2s power. im waiting for my second one to show up for my xr10. there just under $23 bucks shipped. it uses a JR horn.

i run a brood machine wound 35t Intensity and a losi msc12esc. the esc has a crawler mode and a lvc for 2s. its water resistant
stanmondz is offline   Reply With Quote

yard and crawl battery motor esc opinions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Exo motor/ESC opinions? hh65flyer Non Crawler RC's 12 04-01-2014 03:14 AM
esc & motor opinions rhino20 Team Losi Comp Crawler 0 12-25-2011 05:37 PM
New Motor/ESC for WK mud/trail/crawl Mekong HPI Wheely King 10 02-04-2010 02:13 AM
ESC and LiPo battery problem...opinions needed please Master Basher Electronics 7 08-14-2008 11:46 AM
motor/esc and battery skogsvild Electronics 8 08-29-2005 12:06 PM