Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: 2.2 TTC rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 2.2 TTC rig

Still a work in progress. Just thought id make a build/progress thread. I got rc4wd alum links on there way to change out all the plastic stuff. I'm waiting for pitbull to release the 2.2 rock beasts 2 and after they are released, then I'm gonna pick up some wraith axles. After I get all that, I'm going to pick up some cbp's 1300mah 3s packs and run them in parrallel isntead of the 2s 5000mah (makes it nice though for 4ish hours of hiking). I left the top plate battery holder on there so I can mount a servo winch. I left the bump stops on my shock shafts to limit its articulation (which it flexes perfect for me and I don't have to raise the body to the sky nor have to completely mangle it). I do need to get some mip shafts cause the wb8s are already twisting with 35t tekin, 2s and 5.5" tires. Gonna need new shocks too cause these leak worse then cum out of pam andersons p***y. Gonna also pick up some xr10 wheels so I can weight the wheels better. Not a very custom build but it should do great in the ttc when I'm finished. Since my spektrum remote comitted suicide (dropped it down in a 15ft crack into a creek) I'm gonna pick up a 4pl. In class 3, you can have rear steer or dig. I'm thinking of going rear steer...?

[/B]

Last edited by muddinscx; 08-28-2012 at 04:43 PM.
muddinscx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
PapaGriz Yo

Default Re: 2.2 TTC rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddinscx View Post
Gonna need new shocks too cause these leak worse then cum out of pam andersons p***y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddinscx View Post
In class 3, you can have rear steer or dig. I'm thinking of going rear steer...?
Rear steer is much more helpful than dig, good choice.

Bender did well with his Honcho in the 2010 Scale Nats TTC.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post

Rear steer is much more helpful than dig, good choice.

Bender did well with his Honcho in the 2010 Scale Nats TTC.
Yea that's what I was thinking, so rear steer it is. Now I'm just trying to think of shocks. I'm wanting to keep it lcg. Not sure if I wanna go with oil filled like the pro lines or step into some more "scale" shocks like rc4wd, gmade or something alon thoughs lines. I'm very open to critizism and suggestions to everything in my build. I know which way I wanna take the truck but I'm no pro and I don't have buckets of money to do a bunch of trial and error so I'm trying to get most right the first time. I know a lot of people say "its your build so do it your way" but a lot of people have built "wroncho" style rigs so they can help with with the pros and cons and the rights and wrongs.

Last edited by muddinscx; 08-28-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I went out crawling yesterday before it got dark and got some action shots

After about 20min, both lower plastic links were bent for far, the right rear wheel was touching the rock sliders. I went to hobbytown and found some traxxas beefy ass links/rod end combo. The links made my front about 1mm longer and since the rods are threaded, I just twisted the rod ends out alittle bit to make it the right length for the rear. Only $14 for 4 links and rod ends that are solid beef alum, not bad since they aren't 3mm screws lol. Ill get a pic of them tonight. I couldn't wait for my rc4wd ones to get here cause I'm heading to the mountains this weekend. Man I love my medium rovers, they are amazing for trail bombing and crawling.

2.2 TTC rig - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my ttc rig a.k.a <zukizilla> twisted bender 2.2 Scale Rigs 63 03-07-2014 07:20 PM
My first ttc rig OCscx10 2.2 Scale Rigs 6 10-26-2011 05:48 PM
Jeepin TTC rig crawlinforfun 2.2 Scale Rigs 43 06-08-2011 08:20 PM
My TTC rig CaptainSafety West Virginia 2 01-18-2011 07:51 PM