Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Time to start a build thread...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #1

Default Time to start a build thread...

I am a first time poster and LONG time stalker...so here goes.

I have always been into RC's and off roading. I first started looking into Axials in high school, but due to funds, I never pulled the trigger on one. I am also pretty well read on the full size off roading scene, so I am decently versed in the sport. Fast forward to college. A buddy of mine picked up a Wraith at Christmas. Needless to say, I was immediately sold on the hobby. So the search for an Axial was on. My buddy found a for sale thread over on GA TTORA for an SCX10 that was over a year old, but had never sold. After a few exchanged emails and a Pay Pal payment later, I had a lightly used SCX10 at my door. Here is the truck when I got it:

The kit came well built when I got it. It had:
-Tekin T45 motor
-Tekin FXR ESC
-Spektrum Dx3e radio
-Spektrum S3000 reciever
-CC BEC
-HiTec servo
-Gearhead RC bead lock rings
-R2J rear link truss
-5000mah Venom NiMh
-Turnigy Accucell 6 Charger

The best part...all that for $300 shipped!

I wheeled the crap out of it for around 6 months, only doing a few minor mods like cutting the tires and pulling the foams. I started to find a few weak points though. The most annoying issue was the heims failing. I couldn't hardly wheel a day without having 1 pull off the link. The other was the body. The rear cage began to pull away from the body. Also, due to a lack of a front bumper and the battery placement, the battery took a hit every roll over. I also managed to break a knuckle, so those got replaced with aluminum knuckles and C's (which where next to go). I replaced the rod ends with Traxxas ones and broke out the trusty MIG to work on body protection. Here is what I ended up with:

For a first go around, I'm happy with it. It wasn't meant to be perfect, just a weekend project. I know the body looks crooked... I havent worked out permanent body mounts yet... It does line up though! I have plans for another project in the future, and I plan to spend some time making it right. Stay tuned!

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by Dan_The_Man; 11-12-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Dan_The_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Time to start a build thread...

i like it. but it looks liike you need new tires
theloudone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #3

I know. I cut them and pulled the foams a few months back and they quickly went to crap. But they sure did pull well though. I have my eye on a set of pitbulls in the near future
Dan_The_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Love the bumper man
mitchr97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Time to start a build thread... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saturday the 25th comp start time Kratos Nebraska 9 02-18-2012 07:53 AM
Finally got time to start my grille officerray9414 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 09-23-2007 06:02 PM
Ok, so I will start my noob build thread. Offroader5 Tamiya Clod Buster 46 03-02-2007 08:32 AM
Thread start date... chaotic_life Comments, Suggestions, and Help 2 04-22-2006 07:55 PM
k its time for me to start my poor crawler PoorCrawler Tamiya TLT Crawlers 8 02-03-2005 03:52 PM