Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Freshly chopped Dingo, driver included!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Freshly chopped Dingo, driver included!

I REALLY needed to do something with my Commanche, so I stuck on a new motor, servo, esc, tires, and chopped up my old dingo body to look kinda like my version of a rock racer.

Here's the before pics!

And the after!

Guess Who!

And coming soon....
jp0160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Freshly chopped Dingo, driver included!

Best dingo body ever dude!! and that Commanche body looked a little worse for where haha. nice work !
George014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, I definitely needed to do something new with it, seems to perform pretty well like this. I added a half pound over the front axle and slammed the body till it almost rubs the spur, stuck on the tow rope from the Commanche body, and a new 45t Integy Matrix Pro lathe motor. It seems a bit loud, I did the motor break-in in water following a couple youtube videos I saw so maybe It just needs to work In a bit under load.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I stuck in an old traxxas 2075 servo (bleh...), taped my iPhone to the controller and shot a quick video testing it out on my scaler course.

Scx10 crawling at JP's - YouTube

It's running great the new 45t is smooth as buttah and geared 17/87 it's the PERFECT speed. The stock SCX10 shocks definitely made the belly drag but they are softer than my old 110's, didn't fare too badly! Need me some new foams in the Ripsaws...

Some fresh action shots, no poser pics today!

The electronics graveyard! Savox made a recent, smokey and smelly donation. It joins the kitty and EVX to rest in pieces.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I wasn't sure how this was going to look when finished but it turned out badass!!!!!! Nice job!
Spizo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizo43 View Post
I wasn't sure how this was going to look when finished but it turned out badass!!!!!! Nice job!
Thanks! I know the color is a bit odd but I painted it "Gumdrop Pink" for my wife when I bought it as a Dingo kit about 6 months ago.

There's actually a ghetto rust effect done with brown, yellow and black. It's not as good as some of the rust jobs I've seen but I gave it a shot!

The 2.2 Badlands look amazing on the truck, and perform even better. Can't wait! I ripped out the bead on my older pair, gotta pick up a new set and I'm good to go.

It might just be me but I get a Wraith vibe coming from this... Love it! Still trying to decide if I wanna put the Ragtop back on... Looked real nice but the tube cage is growing on me...

Freshly chopped Dingo, driver included! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4-linking the new Dingo kit with included plastic links? mr lee Axial SCX-10 7 03-17-2012 11:20 PM
mip hex driver or drill driver bits with racheting handle 507Eli Tools, and Procedures 2 12-17-2011 05:07 PM
I hate seeing early broncos chopped up. So I chopped up my Wraith. daign Axial Wraith 17 11-13-2011 07:35 PM