Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: WTHell?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: WTHell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
Should I waterproof them?
Yes, that way if you go in water, you don't have to worry about having wet tires for the climb out. The waterproofing will make them act as if they were dry in wet conditions. I have this done to my tires and it works very well
Armistice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Will it work for mud too?
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #23
RcBros Hobbies

I think because the cool kids hang out in the 1.9 or 2.2 scale builds and this is considered the newb section of the scx10 now?
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
I think because the cool kids hang out in the 1.9 or 2.2 scale builds and this is considered the newb section of the scx10 now?
It sure feels that way. Maybe we do need a scale newb section for questions like the ones I've been seeing so much lately.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I want to build a truck. What tires are the best?
Reduced 2.2 Axial Rock Lizards are the Shiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Joshua View Post
Rubber ones
I always figured round was more important then rubber.

Quote:
Should I waterproof them?
You should most definitely spray Armor-all on your tires before every run so that mud and water will just roll off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistice View Post
Yes, that way if you go in water, you don't have to worry about having wet tires for the climb out. The waterproofing will make them act as if they were dry in wet conditions. I have this done to my tires and it works very well
See, what did I tell you n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Inc View Post
Will it work for mud too?
Yes!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by juswin24 View Post
Trail and error is fine if you got a deep pocket book. When you don't, then having sites with info from 100's to 1000's of members really help. You also have young kids here and old folks like me who lack funds, knowledge or friends to help. I spend more time reading now than I did when I was racing. Had the money and friends to help with trail and error. We also didn't have the Internet.

For the scale build section I felt it was for more true to scale builds. That's why I didn't put mine there. I'll admit, half my build has gone more scale than I planned on.
I'm not saying to spend more and more money to get the right set-up. What I'm saying is to look at other builds in the 1.9, 2.2, and here for ideas on how to set up your rig and then just make adjustments until it suites your liking and driving style.

I like the direction you're taking your build and you're showing some good "how to" as well. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

I've got some Rain-X in the garage, time to go soak some tires.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #28
RCC Addict

You should most definitely spray Armor-all on your tires before every run so that mud and water will just roll off.
[/QUOTE]

Where you being serious?
mitchr97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Where you being serious?
Only if you don't like traction
Mr.Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I've got some Rain-X in the garage, time to go soak some tires.
Make sure you heat them up first. This allows the rubber to expand and thus allows the waterproofing agent to become impregnated in the rubber and last a lot longer so you don't have to apply the waterproofing as often
Armistice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

So, what should I heat them up with? Mapp torch, boil them, or microwave? Should I generously rub the WP agent in or quench it into it?
Old 09-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistice View Post
Make sure you heat them up first. This allows the rubber to expand and thus allows the waterproofing agent to become impregnated in the rubber and last a lot longer so you don't have to apply the waterproofing as often
Quote:
So, what should I heat them up with? Mapp torch, boil them, or microwave? Should I generously rub the WP agent in or quench it into it?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:25 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Ok, ok, serious question. Would I need a BEC if I waterproof my tires? I thought the internal BEC on the AE-2 would be sufficient if I dipped the ESC in blue paint. Help a noob out.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ok, ok, serious question. Would I need a BEC if I waterproof my tires? I thought the internal BEC on the AE-2 would be sufficient if I dipped the ESC in blue paint. Help a noob out.
Yep, the extra traction will stress it more. When in doubt- ext bec it! Blue paints a myth, I think it's ky jelly to dip the esc in.
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Well the lazy non search days are hopefully over, got a new search on the site, pretty big too, so none of the "couldn't find the search button" or some other dumb excuse should happen, if not it's their fault for getting flamed
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I thought it was yellow paint, something about adding extra horsepower needed for the increase in traction when you waterproof you tires. Stickers too, I know I've heard stickers work for 1:1 vehicles, should work for 1:10 stuff too.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Cool kids hang out in the 2.2, 1.9, and 1.5 scaled section. Be realistic. Experienced users are building very custom builds and don't need the "axial SCX-10" section. Let new guys and cheap guys run wild in the axial SCX-10 section and get their start. Everyone has their own newbie product specific question. Obviously the scaled sections are not product specific.
toyotatrucks83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I thought it was yellow paint, something about adding extra horsepower needed for the increase in traction when you waterproof you tires. Stickers too, I know I've heard stickers work for 1:1 vehicles, should work for 1:10 stuff too.
Blue makes things waterproof. I think yellow is an increase in power. Stickers and scale accessories get more chicks.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

no ...

sticker's increase horsepower by 5 for each sticker..

noobs..
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #40

If there is newbie sections, then the questions people are asking wouldnt get answered. We come in here because maybe we are new to the hobby and have questions. I agree that people need to value that search bar but 75% of the time it doesnt give you what you want and these people are not about to go through all the these pages looking for what they want. Instead of starting a new thread bashing the newbies that have questions about their rigs, realize that I am sure you were a newbie one day and asked the same questions whether it was here or somewhere else. If it bothers you that bad just ignore the thread and move on. I have been one to start a thread asking a question that was important to me because I can gain knowledge from other guys experiences. Respectfully speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuzz1 View Post
It sure feels that way. Maybe we do need a scale newb section for questions like the ones I've been seeing so much lately.
LBrown867 is offline   Reply With Quote