RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/)
-   -   WTHell? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/402991-wthell.html)

bmuzz1 09-16-2012 06:11 PM

WTHell?

I would just like to know what is happening to the SCX-10 forum??

Lately all I see is a bunch of useless threads asking "why these shocks?" , "why these shafts?" , "Why these tires?", etc. etc., just a bunch of pointless crap and nothing worth reading from people that dont know their way out of this section to get the answer, have no idea or are just too damn lazy to use the search option!
It would sure be nice to see a decent build thread more often then one every page.

Am I the only one feeling this way?

pottymouth 09-16-2012 06:22 PM

Re: WTHell?

Well, sombody's gotta re-ask the questions so the answers stay up-to-date.

juswin24 09-16-2012 06:31 PM

Where I live alot of this hobby is old news. I have to order everything except radios and servos. Nothing for crawlers or trail rigs. My only resource is the Internet and searching just doesn't always get you what your looking for. I have seen lots of complaints about searching. Type in light or lights and you dont get the results. When I raced in the 80s and 90s you had friends at the track to share ideas and tell stories to. I wish i had friends I could discuss things with. You also got to realize this economy sucks and money is tight for a lot of people. I sold all my old stuff on eBay to fund this hobby now. That's about gone now and I'm left poor again. If this section was builds only than I'm guilty of posting here. I do have build thread going and have been posting every few days. Maybe we need a build only section for Axial SCX10's.

juswin24 09-16-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pottymouth (Post 3919729)

This is very true! Some of my searches come up from 2009-2011 which is old.

bmuzz1 09-16-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pottymouth (Post 3919729)

:ror:

bmuzz1 09-16-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juswin24 (Post 3919748)
This is very true! Some of my searches come up from 2009-2011 which is old.

This can be true but just because the thread is from '09 doesn't mean it isn't up to date or could be updated even by your findings.

AddictedtoRC1 09-16-2012 06:55 PM

I would say if you don't like it then go away. I just posted a thread last week and was told it has been beat to death, but you have to take into consideration there are new people to the site every single day and the search function could use a huge improvement. So what if someone starts a thread that was started a year ago. It's what this site is for. So if instead of complaining or pointing out it's old news try an help.

bmuzz1 09-16-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juswin24 (Post 3919747)
Where I live alot of this hobby is old news. I have to order everything except radios and servos. Nothing for crawlers or trail rigs. My only resource is the Internet and searching just doesn't always get you what your looking for. I have seen lots of complaints about searching. Type in light or lights and you dont get the results. When I raced in the 80s and 90s you had friends at the track to share ideas and tell stories to. I wish i had friends I could discuss things with. You also got to realize this economy sucks and money is tight for a lot of people. I sold all my old stuff on eBay to fund this hobby now. That's about gone now and I'm left poor again. If this section was builds only than I'm guilty of posting here. I do have build thread going and have been posting every few days. Maybe we need a build only section for Axial SCX10's.

I know man I've been there. There are areas of the board that you can search or browse to help find what you're looking for like General Crawler, Electronics, and even a SCX10 tips and tricks right at the top of this page.

I'm not trying to be an A$$ Hole , it just seems there are A Lot of people who want to be spoon fed info rather then learning through trial and error and that gets old quick.

juswin24 09-16-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmuzz1 (Post 3919786)
This can be true but just because the thread is from '09 doesn't mean it isn't up to date or could be updated even by your findings.

Oh, I know that. I've through a lot old ones and some stuff hasn't changed. But there is a lot of new now. Just search tires and you'll get many points of view. How would I really know what buy when budget is tight? My thought is more threads than just a couple help. I think I get better info on tires for our rigs here than in the tire section.

Devil Inc 09-16-2012 07:00 PM

Wouldn't these sections count for a Build Only threads?

Scale Rigs General Tech - 1.9 Scale Rigs at RCCrawler.com

Scale Rigs General Tech - 2.2 Scale Rigs at RCCrawler.com

Looks like 95% are build threads with little to zero random threads with questions.

bmuzz1 09-16-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juswin24 (Post 3919811)
Oh, I know that. I've through a lot old ones and some stuff hasn't changed. But there is a lot of new now. Just search tires and you'll get many points of view. How would I really know what buy when budget is tight? My thought is more threads than just a couple help. I think I get better info on tires for our rigs here than in the tire section.

I think you can also get that info from just reding other guys and gals build threads to.

bmuzz1 09-16-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil Inc (Post 3919816)
Wouldn't these sections count for a Build Only threads?

Scale Rigs General Tech - 1.9 Scale Rigs at RCCrawler.com

Scale Rigs General Tech - 2.2 Scale Rigs at RCCrawler.com

Looks like 95% are build threads with little to zero random threads with questions.

Which is why I had mine moved. "thumbsup"

bmuzz1 09-16-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddictedtoRC1 (Post 3919805)
I would say if you don't like it then go away. I just posted a thread last week and was told it has been beat to death, but you have to take into consideration there are new people to the site every single day and the search function could use a huge improvement. So what if someone starts a thread that was started a year ago. It's what this site is for. So if instead of complaining or pointing out it's old news try an help.

Well you can be assured I'm not going away and maybe there is a reason your thread has been beat to death, I don't know I'll have to look for myself.

I am always willing to help those who need help whether it be parts, tech or whatever but I don't care to help those who haven't first tried to help themselves or just aren't interested in helping themselves...Those people can as you put it "Go away!"

Mr.Joshua 09-16-2012 07:16 PM

I've been thinking the same thing Brian. I've been hitting the 1.9 & 2.2 sections more often. Even though i have a build thread buried in here somewhere ...i got a little sidetracked on another rig.;-) (i almost thought of posting it in the 1.9 section when i get back to it)

juswin24 09-16-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmuzz1 (Post 3919807)
I know man I've been there. There are areas of the board that you can search or browse to help find what you're looking for like General Crawler, Electronics, and even a SCX10 tips and tricks right at the top of this page.

I'm not trying to be an A$$ Hole , it just seems there are A Lot of people who want to be spoon fed info rather then learning through trial and error and that gets old quick.

Trail and error is fine if you got a deep pocket book. When you don't, then having sites with info from 100's to 1000's of members really help. You also have young kids here and old folks like me who lack funds, knowledge or friends to help. I spend more time reading now than I did when I was racing. Had the money and friends to help with trail and error. We also didn't have the Internet.

For the scale build section I felt it was for more true to scale builds. That's why I didn't put mine there. I'll admit, half my build has gone more scale than I planned on.

Armistice 09-16-2012 07:30 PM

I've always seen this section as a build section. If you have a question about shocks or d'shafts, take it to General Crawlers. Just how I've seen it and have used it if I had a question unless it's Honcho specific

I rarely go in the General 1.9 thread. Not sure why. Lots of custom 1.9 rigs and stuff that I usually don't care to browse through (not saying they're bad, there're a few cool builds in there, it's just not my main thing)

Maybe we should have an "Official Shock/ Driveshaft/ whatever Thread" (All separate threads for easy browsing). Questions should then be directed in there. And as the thread grows, there will be lots of information as well as being up-to-date (not that too much changes over the course of a year really)

Mr.Joshua 09-16-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmuzz1 (Post 3919823)
Which is why I had mine moved. "thumbsup"

I was wondering where it went:razz:

pardonmyn00b 09-16-2012 07:45 PM

I want to build a truck. What tires are the best?

Mr.Joshua 09-16-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b (Post 3919912)
I want to build a truck. What tires are the best?

Rubber ones"thumbsup"

pardonmyn00b 09-16-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Joshua (Post 3919913)
Rubber ones"thumbsup"

Should I waterproof them?