Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Pro-Line Interior (XJ) Modifications?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Pro-Line Interior (XJ) Modifications?

I broke a knuckle today...somehow ended up with a proline interior. I have it trimmed, but the trans spur gear cover is hitting it. I really like the cover, and do not want to spend any more money on this. I have a heat gun which I have reformed many lexan (no RC bodies) with, and plastic. The front seat backs are hitting the cover just barely, I think with some careful heat application I can reform the seat area, and be able to mount it successfully without swapping motor/trans mounts. I'm so over budget on this thing, another penny is going to make me cry. I'm honestly not picky, I'm painting the interior black...so any altercations should be hidden fairly well. I will be doing silver seat inserts and dash, along with a felt cargo area and possibly a few others things. I have the body mounted as low as possible, I hate gaps in the bumpers/sliders. I have to reposition the battery and a bunch of other stuff, so my perfect weight distribution may be scrapped. I may even dremel part of the cover down or modify it. I really don't know.

Anybody have any ideas? Who has made the PL interior work with the new design? I feel that PL is always 4 years behind before they finally get the memo something needs to change.
SinCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Pro-Line Interior (XJ) Modifications?

im not sure if this helps but i used a proline interior in my honcho, if your looking for a spur gear cover you could cut the bottom out of a proline cooler and stick it on the interior of the cover? Pictures would help alot.

My firs Axial
cguit is offline   Reply With Quote

Pro-Line Interior (XJ) Modifications? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro line interior and floor pan talmond Axial SCX-10 6 10-01-2012 03:44 PM
Pro-line Raptor revo 3.3 body interior meffie Paint and Body 2 02-25-2012 06:57 AM
Pro-line Rubicon and Dingo interior? JDeezie82 Paint and Body 5 07-28-2011 04:13 PM
Pro-Line PL-C interior and Rubicon body? JDeezie82 Paint and Body 3 01-30-2011 12:27 PM