RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/)
-   -   Converted my honcho to a dingo on accident (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/408998-converted-my-honcho-dingo-accident.html)

Bajacaat 10-21-2012 08:45 PM

Converted my honcho to a dingo on accident

My dilema. Purchased the wrong axial aluminum link kit today and installed it. Got the one for the dingo and can't return it. I like the longer wheel base of the honcho. I also set it up four linked front and rear. Can i just purchase longer lower links or do i now have a Dingo..:lmao:

toka100 10-21-2012 08:49 PM

Re: Converted my honcho to a dingo on accident

with the lowers u have now put on as uppers and the longer lowers u should be fine

Bajacaat 10-21-2012 08:59 PM

Thanks! Makes sense. If i decide to convert to a dingo would i just use shorter shafts and adjust shock towers? I'm building this for my daughter and she does like the 2 door jeep body. Just want to keep it simple. Im trying to use most my money to keep upgrading my wraith8)

pottymouth 10-21-2012 09:43 PM

"BY accident". Sorry. My brother used to say "on accident" when he was a kid and it cracked me up.

Yes, if you want to stick with that wheelbase, you'll have to use the shorter shaft parts or cut down the ones you've got. Adjust the shock towers so the shocks are close to vertical and you should be good to go!

Bajacaat 10-21-2012 10:43 PM

Thanks..best place to buy honcho links individual? My brother has a dingo so he could use my upper links for his. Then i can just move my lowers up top and spend another 20 bucks on honcho links..i hate when accidents happen..haha
Thanks for the help and im enjoying this forum. Now i just need to learn how to post pics of my toys. I'm a member so can i post pics directly from my ipad?

Slaughter 10-22-2012 10:38 AM

I don't think you can buy them individually. Any reason you don't want to build your own? As long as you have a dremel and tape measure, it really inexpensive and much stronger than the aluminum links.

johnnyh66 10-22-2012 10:56 AM

You could make your own links with threaded rod, aluminum/steel sleeves and Traxxas Revo/Jato Rod Ends... then you can play around with wheel base and link geometry to see what works best for you... then sell the Axial ones here on RCC.

A cheap way to add a .25"-.5" of length to each link is to use Traxxas Jato Rod Ends... they are .25" longer than the Revo's.

Bajacaat 10-22-2012 09:21 PM

Found some individual ones..cost me around 22.00 more shipped. Wish i would have made my own. On the bright side my brother got some upper links for his dingo for free. Thanks for all the help and hope someone can learn from my mistake. I will be doing more research on the forum before i jump the gun in the future. Expensive little pieces of aluminum.lol

Slaughter 10-22-2012 10:10 PM

Don't worry, you will bend one of those aluminum links at some point and then you can make your own "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bajacaat (Post 3979479)
Found some individual ones..cost me around 22.00 more shipped. Wish i would have made my own. On the bright side my brother got some upper links for his dingo for free. Thanks for all the help and hope someone can learn from my mistake. I will be doing more research on the forum before i jump the gun in the future. Expensive little pieces of aluminum.lol