Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: "Crush Recovery" Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up "Crush Recovery" Build (NEW PICS ADDED!!!)

See build Pics starting on page 2!!

Ok everyone... Now that Axial has announced the release of the 2012 Jeep Wrangler RTR version of the SCX10 I just wanted to announce my intention to do a Scale "Crush Recovery" build. It will not come tomorrow, but I do have a soft "Yes" from the wife on a Christmas gift of the New Axial SCX10 Jeep... (Axial Racing - SCX10) and having fallen in love with the 2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited "Crush Recovery" from SEMA,
Name:  crush.jpg
Views: 64819
Size:  78.5 KB
I just HAVE to build one... Im hoping for the announcement of a kit version, but if the RTR is all I have to start with, I can work with that. Axial Has given a good head start with the inclusion of a clear body that can be ordered, However, I may find that some of the older SCX10 Jeep bodies will bring a better scale version with some trimmimg. I already found the traction boards in 1:10 scale, so it really will be a matter of adding and painting wheels and hooks, and a winch bumper. Lights are easy to find....Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated, as this build will be my first SCX10, and I would love the input of seasoned SCX10 drivers. anyone looking at the pic that knows of scale parts they can direct me to will be greatly appreciated.... Till then............

Last edited by tomvaillencourt; 01-25-2013 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Promotion. Edit to title.
tomvaillencourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #2

Default Re: "Crush Recovery" Build

that is going to be a nice build. cant wait to see it done
CanadianKronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Saweeeet! Reminds me of the Jeep the owner of our local Jeep dealership has..it was on the cover of Four Wheeler in March I think (Lamborghini orange). I just about crapped em when I opened up the garage at his house and saw it sitting there!

Anyway...a soft yes is always better than a hard no in my experience!

Look forward to watching this one.

Last edited by Mr.Joshua; 11-07-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Mr.Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #4

thats a cool looking rig!

best body option (don't forget the interior) would be the nb jk hardbody. hands down the most scale jk available.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

that color is sick! should be one sweet rig when it's all done.
ranger4xlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Now that will be a hell of a build epic!!
arcanecrawler89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I've been trying to source parts for my upcoming build, but I really think I'm just going to end up with a mostly stock look-alike. The crush used alot- and I mean alot- of Rugged Ridge parts that just arent available in scale... However the new SCX10 Jeep has bad @$$ bumpers and other goodies like the flares that will make perfectly good alternatives... Things like the reciever hook will be impossible to find, but I will do my best to fabricate one on my own. I think I'm going to using Tamiya TS-31 paint... I still need to find some comparable 1.9 Beadlocks with paintable outer rings too... I'll get a good one together, but it wont win any accuracy awards lol! overall, I think I can come close.... If anyone has any ideas they can direct me to, I'm totally up for suggestions... I dont really want to do another newbright, but I might consider it... the one I did for my Wraith was one I already had lying around. but I would want to start with a new one to do this and they're going for an arm and a leg now that everyone knows the demand for them... maybe I'll contact Newbright, and see if they have any that never shipped sitting in a warehouse somewhere.... Imagine that huh?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Totally not paying $150 - $200 just for a body....
Old 11-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

You haven't heard...the New Bright JKs are at Walmart again, or at least they were the past few weeks. $65. Get one while you can, I know I did and I don't even like Jeeps

Clicky

Looking forward to see your end result.

EDIT: Even if you can't find a new one locally, you should be able to pick one up online a lot cheaper than $150...and probably even brand new.

Last edited by Ramination; 11-08-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #10

Hi Tom,

I'm the builder of the full-scale Crush Recovery Jeep and can't wait to see how this build turns out. I may need to have you build me 3 of them!! Let me know if you need any detail pics of the parts I used.

You can also check out the build blog on Rugged Ridge's website via Crush Recovery Build Project | Rugged Ridge Jeep Accessories

Thanks,

Dave
Crush Recovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

If I recall correctly, I think I saw this jeep on the trailer heading to sema with a killer caddy owned by a friend. Should be a great rig to build a scaler after, looking forward to watching this build!!
AZINDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramination View Post
You haven't heard...the New Bright JKs are at Walmart again, or at least they were the past few weeks. $65. Get one while you can, I know I did and I don't even like Jeeps

Clicky

Looking forward to see your end result.

EDIT: Even if you can't find a new one locally, you should be able to pick one up online a lot cheaper than $150...and probably even brand new.
I did see that mentioned, in a few other posts, but i havn't seen them at walmart, not even on walmart.com. Trust me if i saw them at any walmart near me i would go to every walmart in the area and buy all their stock. Even at $80 i could still make a killing selling them on ebay.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush Recovery View Post
Hi Tom,

I'm the builder of the full-scale Crush Recovery Jeep and can't wait to see how this build turns out. I may need to have you build me 3 of them!! Let me know if you need any detail pics of the parts I used.

You can also check out the build blog on Rugged Ridge's website via Crush Recovery Build Project | Rugged Ridge Jeep Accessories

Thanks,

Dave
That is one sick rig bro!!! I'm going to do my best with the parts i can source, but i don't have much equipment for fabrication, so unfortunately i don't know if I will be able to really do your full size rig justice... I do promise to give it my best shot though... The more I think about it though I do think it would be best to use the newbright hard body. Its just going to be hard to find one priced low enough that its worth buying.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Not sure on the wheels (I"ve been keeping my eyes open though) but you could hit John up for some Delrin Rings

Last edited by Mr.Joshua; 11-11-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

i found that the new bright was too heavy, so i bought the proline clear body, took the interior of the new bright, and trimmed it down to fit the clear body and it fits nice together after 30 man hours or so!!

i love orange, this would be a fun rig to play with!
Spiike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:22 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

That orange is sexy. Watching this one for sure.
steele42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Location: Working in my dream RC workshop and remodeling my entire home.

Have to subscribe to this one! I'm not really a Jeep guy either, but this looks like it'll be cool as hell.
MAXXMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I'm anxious for mine as well, it's ben on the pre-order list for 5weeks now. That theme is VERY nice, subbed to watch it's transformation.
BONDONUTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

I will have to appologize to anyone who might be waiting on the start of this build, as the wait will have to be extended pending the repair of my wraith. I should be recievving my Rubicon in a day or two, but I will need to do some repairs to my wraith before I can do another custom project. We just had a nice snowstorm, and shortly after it began I found a nice parking lot with about an inch of snow to rip it up with my recently waterproofed Wraith... Well unknown to me was that before the snow started accumulating, the parking lot had been given a nice treatment of salt. Long story short, My Front axle bits (knuckles, c-hubs, axel shafts, etc.) at a minimum as well as my wheels may need to be replaced. After my truck dried out I found an abundance of rust and corrosion on alot of the undercarriage of the truck, so I will ned to buy a bunch of needed parts before spending on my Rubicon. It will get done, but likely not till Summer... :(
Old 01-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Man that's a bummer! It's always the unexpected that gets a guy isn't it?
Good luck oh the Wraith repairs Tom, hope you get it fixed up quickly so you can begin on the JK

Tags
jeep, recovery, scx10

"Crush Recovery" Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Beast 6x6 Reconstruction, Crawler/Recovery truck "Heavy Mental" BONDONUTZ Multi Axle Rigs 261 10-10-2014 11:11 PM
"Blue Crush" JK build jeeper03 2.2 Scale Rigs 50 12-04-2013 10:58 AM
My Class 3 rig, "Orange Crush Bronco" Oso787 2.2 Scale Rigs 141 04-14-2011 06:24 PM
Stevestock "Lets Crush Cancer Skins" Krawler Konceptz General Crawlers 20 08-19-2010 12:35 PM
My first scale build "Rock Recovery Vehicle" ferrettank 1.9 Scale Rigs 30 04-27-2009 04:18 AM