Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: the start of my basement crawler course.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 03:56 AM   #1

Default the start of my basement crawler course.

so seeing how winter is right around the corner i decide that i want to make an indoor course so i can still crawl but not be freezing.

any suggestions or ideas would be helpfull
scutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: the start of my basement crawler course.

Look for things that make good obstacles / rocks (head to a dollar tree and get creative). You can paint whatever you want to look like a rock (kinda) and I'd focus on stuff that is light easy to move around so you can change the course up as you want. Here is something I made which I move around in the flower beds..

Cheap Portable Rock Obstacles
BubbaEinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #3

That's a pretty good idea, I did go to home depot and got a broken latus piece and some twine and made myself a suspension bridge
scutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaEinstein View Post
Look for things that make good obstacles / rocks (head to a dollar tree and get creative). You can paint whatever you want to look like a rock (kinda) and I'd focus on stuff that is light easy to move around so you can change the course up as you want. Here is something I made which I move around in the flower beds..

Cheap Portable Rock Obstacles
I like that. I make deliveries all day and I've been stoping along the road and pick up some stones. I've noticed a lot of down branches and was thinking of getting some of them to.
juswin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I really like your start in the basement. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
juswin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

its a good start, my buddy has a good sized rock course in his basement, made with real rock, lots of big heavy real rock. lol. posts as identitycrisis on here, maybe he'\ll chime in if he sees this
bouncyroof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #7

I have thought of doing similar but have been thinking if it was an indoor course in my basement workshop... to go with the "basement workshop" theme.

Meaning.....

Instead of your ramp being a couple boards or cement covered boards imitating rock...
.... Build the solid framework and then cover it to look like something that would normally be stacked in a workshop ... End stacked plywood?, wooden boxes?, firewood? Steel stock? Etc...

Once you get up top and you want a frame twister section...
.... Instead of the obligatory rocks use common tabletop workshop items like jars of screws, tape measure, stacked wrenches, shop manuals, 1:1 air cleaner or any 1:1 auto parts etc...

If you are wanting a mud run or mud pit instead of slinging mud everywhere and having to find a way to get the mud pit water tight....
.... Fill you pit/run with a few gallons of metal ball bearings or plastic extruder pellets. They would give you almost the same loose footing to fight through, and just like mud, the deeper you had them, the harder it would be to traverse.

Ideas could be endless obviously, but basically use nothing that you would normally be crawling on outside and keep the entire course fabricated from actual indoor shop items permanently affixed.
If seen from first glance it just would look like a messy shop and not a crawler course.

THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote

the start of my basement crawler course. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Basement Crawler Course / RC Workshop Reaper591 General Crawlers 8 02-21-2019 11:08 AM
Basement crawler course SCX-10 Dingo Kit Reaper591 Videos! 2 03-03-2012 04:47 PM
What is the best crawler to start with? djmason9 Newbie General 16 07-28-2009 10:58 AM
start of first crawler Haulinick Newbie General 2 04-18-2006 06:06 PM