Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: First scaler,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default First scaler,

This is my first scale build, been 7 months so far, ive learnt a lot along the way, started off with a rtr honcho, ran it stock once, added axial beadlocks and wheel weights, and castle bec, next outing i burnt the motor out, got a rc4wd 45t motor and traxxas reciever, raised the suspension and cut and raised the bumper and moved all the electronics around to get better weight distribution, shortened the rear tray for better approach angle, and put in a 20kg servo, and upgraded the stering arm, didnt like the way it ran as it was way to top heavy, so i lowered it all used internal springs and made new links out of stainless and carbon fibre, lengthened the wheel base to 330mm adjusted the body to suit and made a wooden tray and grabbed some pitbull rockbeasts, ran it for a little while set up like this, then decided to go all out, holmes hobbies 45t pro hand wound, tekin fxr, OD/UD gears, MIP's, robson racing gears, hot racing chubs and knuckles, custom CMS with alloy 3 link truss, shortened chassis, darksoul racing wheels, 80t alloy spur, 120mm hot racing shocks set for 80% droop, as well as custom panhard mount, relocated all electronics a few times to see what works best, finally at a set up i really enjoy, been through a fair amount of servos though, next on the list is a hitec 7954, and she should be done, il post pics when i can,
ash38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: First scaler,

Sounds good! Now for pics. Welcome and I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us do.
juswin24 is offline   Reply With Quote