Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: SCX10 Truggy Frame

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default SCX10 Truggy Frame

I really want to do a Toyota based truggy. Unfortunately for me metal work is not my strong point. I figured I'd post some pics on here and see what happens. There are some talented metal workers on here, this is what I want, who can make it happen?
Attached Images

GravelDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: SCX10 Truggy Frame

Not i , but that looks like a fun build.
08sv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

YOU could make that happen if you really wanted to. your fabrication skills can only go up from here
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Dude, I'm like rain man when it comes to metal fab, and a lack of thousands of dollars in metal fab equipment poses a slight problem!
GravelDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

well that's up to you. check the vendor section for people who do regular custom jobs. might be difficult timing-wise with the holiday and new year when i'm assuming business picks up and builders get busy.

i'm a DIY kind of person and it really depends on how fancy you wanna get. all you really need is a brazing setup (like auto-ignite mapp gas torch, silver solder, flux, etc), a way to cut metal (dremel, hacksaw, etc.), some files/sandpaper/wire brushes for cleanup, clamps. that's pretty much the basics - maybe $100? if you wanna get more fancy, then a trip to Harbor Freight for a small welder, belt sander, drill press, etc would work on a budget. figure you're gonna spend at least $100-200 minimum to get a custom built cage - so might as well put the $ toward tools that you will most likely use in the future on another rig.
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10 Truggy Frame - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who can build me a truggy frame that will bolt to an scx10 or fulll frame? mtgrizzlymn Newbie General 4 07-04-2012 11:14 AM
what all do i need to do to switch from an ax10 frame to an scx10 frame kennyskalla Newbie General 8 04-12-2012 07:04 PM