Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My new(to me) SCX-10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 02:53 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My new(to me) SCX-10

So ill be picking this up on the 27th as a christmas present to myself!
Apparently the guy assembled it but never put any electronics in it and therefore never even ran the thing! What a shape for him but good deal for me!!

Plans so far are as follows:

Flysky Gt3b radio and reciever - (On the way already) all of my other cars and trucks are still on AM/FM so upgrading to the 2.4 and caint wait!

Holmes Hobbies BRXL waterproof ESC - will be ordering the 27th

Solar D772 servo - this is what I have in my SW3 and I love it plus you cant beat the price!

Holmes Hobbies torque master Expert 35t motor

Any other suggestions on upgrades would be appriciated!

Also plan on eventually getting a winch, some kind of hard body, havent decided on what I want to go with quite yet.. and scale accessories as I see fit

Anyways here are a couple pics he has sent me..

AHH Im EXCITED!!
KC_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My new(to me) SCX-10

tires and wheels
CamposZac96x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:09 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

well I got my new truck the other day and just kind of threw some stuff in there to make it run for now, the only thing that I really neet to upgrade at this time is the ESC and probably the motor. I had an LRP runner+reverse laying around from an old TC3 as well as an old I belive its a 27 turn motor from my first ever car which was a tamiya TL01 but I just wanted to drive this thing so i put it in there for now..

One thing I did have to fix and I noticed it before i put any electronics or motor in it was the driveshaft binding (obviously the guy i bought it from either didnt pay attention to the directions or missed the step where it said to line the pins up, but oh well easy fix).. on to the pics!

And a couple pics of my SW3 showing the dingo what flex is lol

Short video! Scx-10 dingo donuts - YouTube
Old 01-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

man this thing is a blast it pulls about a 2 inch wheelie from a dead stop without the body on!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Alright well I think ive decided which direction I want to go with this thing!
I have a buddy that has a BAD ASS 80's 1:1 that Im going to be basing this truck off of.. everyone likes pics so here ya go...

This is right after he lifted it, no tires and wheels yet obviously..

This looks ALOT better!

Ok so anyways on to the progress pics, I picked up a Clodbuster body off of craigslist for 30 bucks the other day...

Obviously it needed some work so first off came the stickers and most of the hardware.. then the filling began!

I HATED the gap in the bed/tailgate so filled that too..

Just a couple pics of the body sitting on the posts my digo body fits on, going to end up using heavy duty velcro to attach and make a plate that uses the existing body mounts..

I still need to fill the post holes in the body but i thought I would show my progress thus far..

Other progress notes, I ordered a BR-XL and a 35 turn motor from Holmes Hobbies night, so im excited for those to arrive!

My buddy has named his truck "BIG BLUE", So I think its only approproriate to name this build "Little BIG BLUE"