Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: 12 turn in scx10 (input please)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Question 12 turn in scx10 (input please)

I have stock 27turn motor in mine now and want more power and wheel speed for when I take my utv to silver lake michigan and want to play on the beach with the scx10. I like the stock motor for crawling and general use but would like to do a motor swap when i go to the beach, so i was thinking of the titan 12 turn from traxxas. I already have heavy duty locker fom axial and aluminun c-hubs and knuckles. right know i run 2000mah 2s lipos I know i'll need a bigger battery for longer run time. what gearing should i run? my gearing now is 16/87. I have four sand paddles i got for free, I'm not looking for FOFF wheel speed but will it be descent for some sand dune fun? I know it's been done so some feed back from people who have done this would be great. also i have a castle sv2 esc will it handle this sized brushed motor and i know it's a brushless esc, could i put a brushless motor in with out having to go on castle link to make changes if so what size. p.s. i've never messed with brushless yet so very green to them.
your input will be appretiated thanks
gkosterscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: 12 turn in scx10 (input please)

i ran the titan 12t and xl5 in my scx10 for a bit. i didnt really like it for my type of driving but as in the dunes i can see where it would be quite fun to have the speed of a 12t. However i did have problems with my driveshafts with the titan but i also was running 2.2s. its a relatively cheap system so i say throw one in for the dunes try it out and see how you like it especially if you plan on using the truck often in the dunes. Hope this helps.
Trey
tb10151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Sand is the perfect home for the 12t titan b/c its more at home at higher rpms.. its when you try to low speed crawl that they heat up and burn out. Keep the gearing and put a 3s lipo in there and have a blast.
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the input I'll keep all this in mined when I go buy a 12 turn and look at 3s lipo. What size 3s should I look at?
gkosterscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:19 PM   #5

I've been running a traxxas 12 turn in my scx10 along with the stock traxxas esc that comes with the slash with stock gearing for a while now. Everything is stock, including tires (1.9). Since I haven't put a tamiya battery connecter on it, I have to use my 7 cell nimh batteries (yes I know they kinda suck). I'm not sure for you since you are using lipos in your rig, but I run into cogging often, so I say the 12t unless you know how to fix the cogging issue. Hope this helps
Shobie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:25 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

a while back i was in a monster jam style race and we had different classes and of course i was in the scale class but i used a titan 12t for racing with my scx10 and i tried all different tooth pinions and saw that 22t was like what am i doing fast and 18t was quick but 20 seemed just right but man did that truck fly and that was with the stock ae-2 esc
roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote

12 turn in scx10 (input please) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx10 turn better one sided? Nocturnalsixer Axial SCX-10 0 11-16-2010 05:06 PM
High turn vs. low turn motors for crawlin'.... Offroader5 General Crawlers 13 03-16-2007 12:42 PM