Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Just got this mounted, F350 lid - LOTS o pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Just got this mounted, F350 lid - LOTS o pictures

I asked for an F350 lid and goodies for Xmas and got one. Super excited! Just got it wired and mounted!

To do:
- find 4 3mm orange LEDs and wire them in for the blinker area as running lights.
- Make windows as I forgot to order or ask for them
- Design and make a smoke generator. Its a Super Duty. It needs to roll coal.

Preparing for painting

Teaser mounting

Front end

With green!

RC4WD metal Decals

Mounted and flexed. Dirt grabbers mounted. Got a great deal on them locally. cant beat $10 for a set of dirt grabbers and 2 sets of RC4WD metal decals.

And with some proper lighting.

Couldnt get a photo of the LEDs on. too bright for my camera to know what to do with and i removed the esc to make room for a new one before I remembered to take pics.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Just got this mounted, F350 lid - LOTS o pictures

What's the generator thing you were talking about? My dads got 2 diesels: 02 gmc Sierra 3500 duramax dually, and an 03 dodge ram 3500 dually, they both smoke and I love 'em! Just would like to know what that is thanks!!
SCALER14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

smoke generator. basically a heating element that vaporizes a liquid. they ore usually used in scale trains to simulate exhaust. sadly, to my knowledge, you cant make black smoke. its only white.

ill be making a small one that will mount where the fuel tank would go or on the battery try i have mounted on the rear. ill have a fan and a reed style valve on the box with the heater element. the fan will be attached to the motor leads and will throttle up with the motor blowing the smoke out of an exhaust pipe.

my dad has a 2001 7.3l F250. its fun to chuff smoke with it. One of my buddys thinks i need to put a cummins 4BT in my little nissan PU. would be fun to have a 450 ft-lb torque in a 3000lb truck with the ability to roll coal!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

i love the f350 bodies. do you happen to know the wheelbase of the body? ive been thinking of picking one of these or the clod body up. Thanks
tb10151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

fits directly on a dingo. so i want to say its 11.3 or 11.4 inches.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yeah man, that's too much torque for your truck you'd deffinately need an upgraded frame!! Well I would love to see your build on that generator!! Are you spending lots of $$$? If not I'm might try this on my jeep Comanche build, I know jeeps don't have diesel motors but I might break the rules!! Again if it's cheap I will try it, im only 14 with not a lot of money if you'd like to see my scx10 just search "Need ideas for my scx10 build!!!" it's not much but something for you to get an idea of what I'm doing.
SCALER14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

From a fellow Ford guy, yours looks great!

-Travis
WheelMan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Excellent!
I've been looking for a good scale ford body for a long time that would also support led's and I still end up at the hi lift.
matrix243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALER14 View Post
Yeah man, that's too much torque for your truck you'd deffinately need an upgraded frame!! Well I would love to see your build on that generator!! Are you spending lots of $$$? If not I'm might try this on my jeep Comanche build, I know jeeps don't have diesel motors but I might break the rules!! Again if it's cheap I will try it, im only 14 with not a lot of money if you'd like to see my scx10 just search "Need ideas for my scx10 build!!!" it's not much but something for you to get an idea of what I'm doing.
good thing its a single cab short bed. logic says it should be stiffer but i dont know how the chassis were made nor the material.

im trying not to spend a whole lot. with the smoke generator its just a matter of finding what i need. probably a goodwill hairdryer for the heating element and some sort of container that is no flammable. ill probably line it with a foil to keep the heat in. something for me to try. not sure of a blower or heater power source yet. dont really want to have it feeding off my lipo just in case it goes crazy.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix243 View Post
Excellent!
I've been looking for a good scale ford body for a long time that would also support led's and I still end up at the hi lift.
i had to make light buckets for the rear. i dont know if its a parts tree i missed or not. the only thing i dont like about the tamiya body is its slightly tapered on the bed towards the tailgate. otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

Just got this mounted, F350 lid - LOTS o pictures - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My rock course, lots of pictures to come Jeeper2007 Massachusetts 7 06-17-2012 05:49 PM
Post some pictures of saddle packs and lipos mounted on your axles jeffc Axial AX-10 Scorpion 12 12-18-2009 02:03 PM
modded F350 body mounted jpterbl1 Axial SCX-10 21 03-07-2009 03:16 PM
Anyone have pictures of 2.2 claws mounted? Zapper2003 Tires and Wheels 4 08-11-2005 04:18 PM