Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Damn Slipper clutch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Damn Slipper clutch

Ok I've researched the setting up of the slipper clutch and what I've found really hasn't helped me at all. I tried following the instructions in the manual but it just hasn't run the same since I replaced the spur gear and set it back up.

When I push my RC along by hand it gets to a point in it's cycle and just locks up? This is the same as when I'm running it, when it gets to an obstacle with some resistance it just jams and rolls back.

I've re greased the transmission and axles. Tightened the grub screws on the props and set it all up how I had it but nothing I do seems to work. I'm running the Standard AE-2 esc and I've reset it without any improvements.

Someone Help!!!!
George014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Damn Slipper clutch

Can you post pics pf the assembly? A slipper is just typically a matter of adjusting the spring tension. Im wondering if something got missed during reassembly?
Phins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Check your gear mesh between spur and pinion and make sure the spur gear isnt hitting the grub screw on the pinion gear. I tighten my slipper all the way down and then back it off. 1/4 turn. Other than that something must be binding somewhere. Maybe check the driveshafts and see if there is too steep of an angle at the universal joint.
CRAWLERJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLERJOE View Post
Check your gear mesh between spur and pinion and make sure the spur gear isnt hitting the grub screw on the pinion gear. I tighten my slipper all the way down and then back it off. 1/4 turn. Other than that something must be binding somewhere. Maybe check the driveshafts and see if there is too steep of an angle at the universal joint.
No the spur gear is clear from the grub screw, So do you mean tighten it all the way and then a quarter turn back yeah? The rear driveshaft is a little on the steep side since I shortened the rear links. Perhaps that is the issue? But I will check how much I've tightened the spur gear up.

The only pictures I will be able to get is from my iPhone but I'll get some up this afternoon Thanks
Old 12-31-2012, 06:23 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Ok so I now have power! No more stalling thankfully! I tightened it up more and swapped out 2 of the rear links so as too reduce the angle of the driveshaft. I will give it a proper test when the weather is better outside, but for now it's much better. It had been sat for a few months but luckily it runs fine now thanks! Although there is a bump every so often on it's cycle but I think that's just the tyre foams or weights in the front wheels
Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Glad it's working better for ya! Any more questions just fire away.
CRAWLERJOE is offline   Reply With Quote

Damn Slipper clutch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
slipper clutch? bashin calfee Axial Wraith 15 03-20-2012 03:06 AM
Slipper clutch ? Gso125 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 3 02-08-2011 07:29 AM
I know... Slipper clutch again!! RickM Axial AX-10 Scorpion 26 04-15-2010 10:00 PM
AX slipper clutch upnover1 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 04-16-2008 03:31 PM