Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Servo Plate Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Servo Plate Question

I raised my servo plate up 3mm to 4 link my front and installed a 486oz servo. The plastic mounts keep coming loose on me with this setup and stripping out. My question is there an aftermarket servo plate that has metal mounts and/or allows 4 link setup with out raising the servo ?
xCoolHandLukex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Servo Plate Question

You could just use the regular plate and get some aluminum mounts for it.

Like these:

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...product_id=987

Last edited by treys1; 01-02-2013 at 03:36 PM.
treys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Those will work what about a plate ? I cut mine when I was trying to 4 link it should unjust replace it with stock or is there a better after market ?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Depending on your battery setup you can go with:
Xtreme Racing 11803s Carbon Fiber Servo Plate AX10 | eBay

Or:
Black Front Adjustable 4 Link Servo Battery Plate AX10 by STRC STA30486BK | eBay

Both offer 4 link setups but battery placement would depend on which you choose
Phins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I don't run the battery on the axle so probably the first one but I don't really like carbon fiber stuff is there an aluminum plate that works with 4-link ? I looked around but it's hard to choose theres dozens of after market servo plates.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

why not just eliminate the problem all the way and put the servo on the chassis with a CMS kit and aluminum servo mounts? this way it's mounted rigid on the frame and won't go anywhere, looks more scale, and you have options to 3/4-link with pretty much any method.

to answer your original question though - YES, there are several axle-mounted servo plates on the market which are made from aluminum and also act as 4-link mounts. Google is your friend and they all do the same thing - so your choice
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #7

Drill and countersink a 3mm hole at each back corner of the original Axial servo plate. Install upper links with flat head screws and nuts. Front 4 link done.
Ant Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Ant Chaser mentions a good idea. That's how the old AX-10's were sometimes converted to 4 link. Simple and effective.

It is possible to run the plastic Axial 4-link truss up front without raising the servo. Just drill holes in the servo plate where the rod ends would contact. That's what I did.

Many aftermarket companies, such as Golden Horizon, offer aluminum replacements for the stock plastic servo mounts. I use the stock mounts with machine thread screws and torque check them religiously. Wheel nuts and servo mounts, two items that always seem to be trying to loosen themselves.

Going to a CMS may fix one issue, but it typically creates many others, such as bumpsteer, or suspension jacking while steering. Your never going to get the same leverage with a CMS than you will with an Axle mounted servo. The only benefit to a CMS is it is more realistic looking.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I ordered the aluminum servo mounts and two new servo plates I'm going try both setups mounting the links on the plate and notching the second plate and see what works better. I want to keep the servo on the axle for the reasons you stated this rig is my basher and I want it simple not to worried about scale looks. Thanks for the ideas guys.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

level 3 racing makes a servo relocation plate and it seems to work just fine.
racin707 is offline   Reply With Quote

Servo Plate Question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jevne Batt./Servo Plate With Servo Winch Installed? BodiBuilt Axial SCX-10 0 12-11-2012 05:19 PM
Hitec servo, RCBROS derlin links and servo plate Lousyhero18 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 06-28-2009 11:53 AM
Front SERVO relocation PLATE question Someone who has one please read 4x4Crawler4LIFE Axial AX-10 Scorpion 12 02-26-2008 11:04 PM
RCP servo plate w/link mount question TIMZKRAWLER Axial AX-10 Scorpion 10 11-09-2007 01:23 AM
servo mounting plate question... STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER Tamiya TLT Crawlers 2 05-04-2007 12:19 PM