Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Recommend me some Dingo upgrades for G6 use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Recommend me some Dingo upgrades for G6 use.

I had the same problem with the driveshaft angle when I did mine. I fixed it just by lengthening the rear upper links with a spacer. Eventually i made all custom links. Its a non issue now. Even if i didnt run dig id still want the same improved angle of the rear driveshaft! What kind of upper links are you running?

Yes I would definetly clean and lube the dig before any major event!

How are you liking the dig btw?

Last edited by cox308; 05-08-2013 at 12:48 AM.
cox308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

The dig unit is working great. I really like how it helps add control to steep decents.

All my links are Axial aluminium tubes. The front uppers I had to cut to a custom length though. I would like to replace them with VP Ti links some day. Probably won't happen until these start breaking.
65BAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

I got the 1/16" holes drilled in the rear shock pistons. Works great with the 15wt oil now. Also added some spacers (2 washers) to the rear upper control arms. Rear driveline angle is better now.

Last edited by 65BAJA; 05-10-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Update.

Took it up to Axialfest last weekend and it did great until the motor blew up just before the 2nd night run. The mud pit at the end of the 1st night run fouled the brushed and now the comm is thrashed. I was impressed with the power that the ROC 412 I bought for the Wraith put out so I picked up one of those for the Dingo in 1800kv. I hope it's not too fast. I may end up gearing it down a tad. I'll have to rob the RS Pro out of one of my other cars and do some re-wiring but I'm sure it will worth it.

Had some problems with the servo winch as well. The line snapped on me 3 times and I lost the hook that I made by hand. Plus the HS625 servo I used just didn't seem to be up to the task. I'll end up replacing it with a HS645 based winch I guess as the 645 servo winch I have in my Wraith seems to be plenty strong. Dunno what to do about line though. I currently have 50lb test braided fishing line. I'm thinking about going up to at least 100 lb just so it's a little easier to work with. The 50lb is so small it's hard to tie.

To replace the lost hook I picked up a PullPal! I have wanted one of these for a while now. Looks awesome. Never got the chance to use it in the dirt though. I did hook it to some tree bark once though.

The BPC sand ramps worked awesome. I think I used them 4 times. I let a few others barrow them as well.

Recommend me some Dingo upgrades for G6 use. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrades on my Dingo B94Cast Axial SCX-10 12 11-18-2012 02:40 PM
upgrades to consider while building dingo? traxxascrazy56 Axial SCX-10 35 10-21-2012 02:25 PM