Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: honcho or JK???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default honcho or JK???

I am getting ready to purchase my first scx10. I have a ridgecrest already and im really liking the scale stuff, A LOT.
My question is, if you are just starting out which would you purchase, the honcho or the Wrangler JK and why.
My plans for the truck.
I belong to a group in my area that does a lot of scale trailing and truck pulls. I want to be able to do both as well as compete in our scale tough truch challenge. Please help me.
GOATN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: honcho or JK???

Both trucks are basically the same apart from looks, so it come down to which one you prefer the looks of.
greenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thats the problem. I love the looks of both. I think I might be leaning towards the honcho just because it looks like I might be able to get more flex out of it.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Are there any scale bodies that work on the AX10
Holdencars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:21 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

There are a few. But the selections are pretty slim.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATN View Post
Thats the problem. I love the looks of both. I think I might be leaning towards the honcho just because it looks like I might be able to get more flex out of it.
If you can find the Honcho at a lower price get it. After you bank account recovers, then buy the clear JK body and paint it the color of your choice.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Its really just the body. Also with the JK you get the new tires, which are pretty nice. But all in all you are paying more for the JK body. The JK SCX10 was also my first true scaler, and im kinda kicking myself in the butt for buying, should gotten the honcho, the super cool jeep body has already been replace with a Toyota hard body. I guess it depend on how much modding you plan on doing to it.
GravelDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I think the Jeep looks better straight out of the box. I currently run a kit version of the Honcho with an old RTR, green body. I have contemplated changing to the Axial Jeep body and bumpers because of looks alone. But, why I hesitate is the adjustability of the Honcho's wheelbase (and it's now tuned to my liking). I like to run a long wheelbase, even longer than the stock Honcho. I added about an inch to the overall wheelbase of my Honcho to help in terrain that I crawl. There is some room to add wheelbase to the Jeep, but not much and keep it looking as good as it does.

If it's your first SCX-10, I'd say go with the Jeep. Drive it and see what you like and don't like, then "tune" from there.
btoungette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I think I'm going to go with the honcho, just because I do plan on doing stuff to it that the jeep body might hinder me on. Plus, I REALLY just like the look of the honcho. Plus, it's a little cheaper. So that will keep the wife off my back a little.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Thats a pretty easy one for you. The honcho is what you like the looks of so get that. Plus you save over 30.00 . The only real bonus is the taller tires on the rubicon jeep. Also the shock shafts are nitrate coated? On the honchos and earlier trucks, the jeep has shafts that are silver (not as smooth)? I'd save the money for mods down the road.
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote

honcho or JK??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New guy, SCX10 Honcho RTR, a few questions about my Honcho dan188 Axial SCX-10 2 10-04-2013 09:43 AM
Swapped a Honcho for a Honcho! KJ10 Axial SCX-10 10 11-14-2012 02:20 AM
Jeep Honcho not Axial Honcho frankenstunk 1.9 Scale Rigs 5 07-30-2012 08:17 PM
Honcho Body on an AX10 = Honcho Scrawler Sno Dawg Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 04-05-2011 06:13 AM