Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Scx10 27t issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #1

Default Scx10 27t issues

I recently got a SCX10 Honcho and "water resisted" it, but in my infinate knowledge I forgot about how if dirty water gets into the motor,she don't work anymore. My question is, is there any way to salvage the motor, clean it or somthing? Cause I do believe its dead, if not what would be a good(prefarably cheaper) motor? Thanks
318 wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #2

Default Re: Scx10 27t issues

I will give you my input even though I guessed you probably fixed it by now.
I've noticed it usually takes a lot of dirt and mud to kill a motor. That being said check your electronics before making any big purchases. If it is tho motor one method I have used is to get a glass of water and with your motor out of your truck but still connected submerge it in there and give it a couple of taps of throttle. This rids of anything that shouldn't be in there. Some people might disagree with me on this but it has worked well for me in the past. On other way is the traditional way of cleaning with motor cleaner and I'm sure u can find a thread about that on here easily enough. From what I understand electric brushed motors only have a set life anyways before they wear down
Hope this helps you or anyone else reading it

Oh and if you are going to use motor cleaner spray be carefull because it is very flammable
h0llyw00ddreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0llyw00ddreams View Post
I will give you my input even though I guessed you probably fixed it by now.
I've noticed it usually takes a lot of dirt and mud to kill a motor. That being said check your electronics before making any big purchases. If it is tho motor one method I have used is to get a glass of water and with your motor out of your truck but still connected submerge it in there and give it a couple of taps of throttle. This rids of anything that shouldn't be in there. Some people might disagree with me on this but it has worked well for me in the past. On other way is the traditional way of cleaning with motor cleaner and I'm sure u can find a thread about that on here easily enough. From what I understand electric brushed motors only have a set life anyways before they wear down
Hope this helps you or anyone else reading it

Oh and if you are going to use motor cleaner spray be carefull because it is very flammable
That works just fine, but if you're out on the trail, I've been able to kinda push it along while giving it throttle and it usually clears out just fine
FlexinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:46 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Get one of these...works excellent!! Electric Motor | 20-2450 ELECTRIC MOTOR PRE-FILTER | 202450
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote

Scx10 27t issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 steering issues Andyking Axial SCX-10 4 11-19-2012 02:39 PM
SCX10 QC Issues? JebusKrist Axial SCX-10 14 06-23-2012 09:25 PM
Scx10 issues Huntweiss Axial SCX-10 4 12-28-2010 11:28 AM
Axial scx10 55,35 or 27t motor? PileDriver Newbie General 15 10-25-2010 07:05 AM
a few issues on my new scx10 rulowenough03 Axial SCX-10 22 06-24-2009 01:14 PM