Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Cheap/free scx10 lift

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Cheap/free scx10 lift

I didn't think this was going to work as good as it did otherwise I would've taken pics as I made it. I put a Level3RC lift on my Honcho, but I like to mount them sideways to angle the shocks for some increased flex. By doing that you can gain a little lift, but not much. So what I did to get some more lift for my soon to be delivered 2.2 swamped sx's was take a 20mm axial suspension link spacer and grind down one end. You just need to grind the part on one end that is thicker just enough so the shock spring retainer will fit around it. Then take one of the threaded rod parts for axial aluminum suspension links, screw it into the shock rod end then into the ungrounded end of the spacer(I used locktite here). Then screw the shock shaft into the ground end of the spacer(also used locktite here). Put on the springs and the retainer and you're done. It works really good. It retained all the flex(might have even gained some cause the steering don't hit the frame now) and is a little more unstable but that's to be expected. Hopefully the pics will explain things better. I also included a pic of how I use my Level3RC lift.

NOTErized!
Tmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Cheap/free scx10 lift - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
free/cheap mods James003 Axial SCX-10 56 04-26-2011 11:11 PM