Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Vanquish 8 degree knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Vanquish 8 degree knuckles

I picked up a Honcho RTR a couple months ago and I have slowly started to mod it. I have found a wealth of knowledge on here. I'm not a total noob to RC but I'm learning a lot of new stuff about this honcho. I have installed the Hand Bros CMS kit wich was pretty cool. Now I have installed the VP 8 degree knuckles and c hubs. I figured out the link lengths with a little trial and error but after bolting on the wheels I realized that they rub really bad. I have the stock wheels and tires. I have tried slightly larger traxxas hexes but it still rubbs a little. So what are people doing for this? Ill get different wheels at some point but I'd like to run the stock ones for now. They make larger hexes so I might try that. Thanks.
R/CMARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #2

Default Re: Vanquish 8 degree knuckles

After picking up the vp zero akerman knuckles for my scx10 I found I needed the traxxas hexes as well. The amount of rub I experience is negligible in my opinion, especially after successfully navigating a few tough lines. The links are a work in progress seeing as I'd like to find a set that aren't parts bin specials. Everything seems to work pretty well though.
Ben.Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Cool. i have some 6mm hexes coming and the steering is awesome. I still have some trial and error to go thru with the links. I think after I figure out solid lengths I'll make some so I don't need spacers.
R/CMARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #4

Yea, I'm having the same problem. Could somebody post some pics of their setup? That would be alot of help.

Thanks
scottyp is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish 8 degree knuckles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx10 vanquish 8 degree knuckles oscarv Axial SCX-10 3 11-06-2012 01:16 PM
VP 8 Degree Knuckles/VP 8 degree Chubs carp40 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 08-02-2011 09:37 AM