Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: New scx10 throttle glitches ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New scx10 throttle glitches ??

New axial scx10 having glitching throttle issues
I got a new scx10 rubicon. First run was awesome had lots of power ran good , but second run not so much Steering is fine , only the throttle is glitching
Sometimes pull the trigger and nothing
Sometimes will glitch with full throttle
And then just bearly move. And so on back and forth

I'm running an older battery. 3300 mah 8.4v ni-mh brand "winners circle"

Iv tried searching didn't see anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. So I can finish testing my new rig

Also tried a brand new battery same thing happens.
And if I just let it sit there the esc will beep once every min or so ...
matt_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New scx10 throttle glitches ??

stock system or aftermarket system? sounds like youn might need a BEC. mine did the same thing when I upgraded to a tekin system and a BEC helped take care of the issues.

but someone else might know another issue
PontiacGT201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #3

the first thing i would do is buy a bec. castle has a great one that will let you adjust the voltage to your reciever and servo. at the least get a "glitch buster". these are the things i would try first. this is pretty typical if you have a high power servo.
villainous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I am having MAJOR glitching issues with mine as well, and it seem's to be getting worse...

So far I am still running the stock AE-2 ESC and the stock transmitter/receiver along with the stock motor.

I do have an upgraded servo (Hitec HS-7955TG), and I am running a 3s LiPo (Thunder Power 2150mah 45c). I am also running a BEC (Castle Creations).

My next attempt at getting rid of the glitching is going to be the installation of a better radio (Futaba 4PL)... I hope that cures it!

The last GTG run I attended was certainly a high anxiety moment with all the glitching! Not only did it take alot of fun away from the run, but my rig took an extra helping of abuse too! (way more than it would have without the glitching)
BodiBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'm running all the factory stuff the truck is brand new. Ae-2 esc axial 35t motor factory axial steering servo and the ax3 2.4 radio
Old 01-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_22 View Post
New axial scx10 having glitching throttle issues

Sometimes pull the trigger and nothing...

Sometimes will glitch with full throttle...

And if I just let it sit there the esc will beep once every min or so ...
My symptom's are slightly different.

When I turn on my gear I get "3 beep's" indicating that my ESC is recognizing that it has been paired with a 3s LiPo battery. Everything seem's normal at this point.

I do not get any additional "beeping" once I have powered up, even when letting it sit for several minuets at a time waiting for the rig in front of me to work that section of trail.

Under normal opperating conditions, my rig will occasionally get a mind of it's own and go into FULL THROTTLE mode! (usually in a hairy techincal spot, or worse yet - overlooking a huge drop off where precise throttle control is very much necessary Sometime's it is only for a second or two and stop's on it's own. Other time's I am forced to give reverse throttle on the transmitter to get it to stop...and on occasion, even reverse throttle will not stop it!

As I mentioned, the issue would appear to be getting worse.

The first 4 battery runs it only occured maybe 3 or 4 times total.

My last outing however was a complete nightmare! Must have "glitched" at least 30 or 40 times (usually in the worse possible location, like trying to crawl SLOWLY down a knarly rock formation headed straight for the edge of a large river!) durring a GTG with a couple other rigs over a 2hr run. Neither of the other rigs had any glitching issues... I was the only rig still running the stock OEM radio

Last edited by BodiBuilt; 01-31-2013 at 01:27 PM.
BodiBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

i had the same problems when i got my scx10 dingo rtr 3 years ago, it had the ae-1 esc, 27 turn, 4000 stich pack and had crystal radio, on the first run, christmas day, it started glitching after 5 mins. my truck used to completely stop and then start again after a 5 second wait, it was so frustrating, in the end, me and dad found the esc was getting extreamly hot, and smelt really bad, so i got a new a new novak rooster esc and novak 55t motor, no problems what so ever since, i now run a 35 turn with the rooster and a 5000 stick pack and 2.4 ghz with no problems.
pobrockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #8

my wraith was acting crazy like that to, but only if i had the Rx and Tx in my JK turned on. i called axial support about it and they sent me a new Tx and Rx free. awesome customer support! i installed the new stuff and no more issues.
Mike McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Ok recharged the new battery. And truck starting running fine but I have to ease into the throttle. And it's fine but if I just try and quick full throttle the truck just stops and then no forward and reverse then turn esc off wait a few min turn back on and would run fine with easy throttle it will drive. ??? Any other suggestions ? Tomarrow if I have not figured anything out ill call axial
Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #10

Axial support helped me out right away, i was on the phone with them for ten minutes max! told them the problem, they asked for my address, and sent me new stuff, that quick. it only took five days to get here!!
Mike McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:08 AM   #11

I know this is older thread but problem is your using 8.4v 7 cell and the axial esc is only good for 7.2v 6 cell. My friend just bought a wraith and the LHS sold him a 7 cell and had same issues. We swapped it for a 6 cell and has not had a problem since then.
trwelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by trwelds View Post
I know this is older thread but problem is your using 8.4v 7 cell and the axial esc is only good for 7.2v 6 cell. My friend just bought a wraith and the LHS sold him a 7 cell and had same issues. We swapped it for a 6 cell and has not had a problem since then.
The axial esc can actually run 3s lipos no problem.
AKbash57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

I had similar problems with my honcho, very frustrating. I was told to rebind the rx/tx problem solved, over a year and problem has not come back. I would try that first before i spend any money. I am also running 8.4v 7 cells with no problems for over a year
Superbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I called axial and they told my problem was that our of the box the scx10 is set with lipo cut off something about low voltage readings and what not. So the emailed me Info on how to change the setting to (none) lipo cut off. Sence I'm running nimh battery's. and now I have no issues thanks axial support And I'm running a venom 8.4v 5000mah nimh battery tons of power , probly to much for a scaler but deffenatly fun !
Old 02-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKbash57 View Post
The axial esc can actually run 3s lipos no problem.
Except the part where it says 2s so if anything happens they might not warranty it.

Anyways i was just stating his problems sound exactly like my friends and no one has offered much in the way of help on this one. While some of you have no problems running bigger packs he does so saying running big packs is no problem is not always true.

When my friends wraith did this we tried the rx/tx but after a bit it happened again. That's when I read the manual about the esc.
trwelds is offline   Reply With Quote

New scx10 throttle glitches ?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New axial scx10 having glitching throttle issues matt_22 Electronics 3 01-30-2013 11:55 PM
I've got glitches! I need help! (Please?) grob23 Electronics 8 10-20-2012 04:49 PM
Axial scx10 throttle issue or normal? Jake1715 Newbie General 4 07-16-2012 01:22 PM
Glitches and more glitches reden Electronics 18 09-22-2011 12:25 PM
What happens when your SCX10 glitches! tazman General Crawlers 15 09-12-2011 11:41 PM