Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Pro-Line ridgeline bumper installation issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2015, 06:09 PM   #1

Default Pro-Line ridgeline bumper installation issues

I received the pro-line bumper set in the mail today and was excited to install it. I expected a quick, 5 minute screw a few things together kind of install but I ran into a few issues. First it came with no instructions so I had search online for some. ok fine. Then the mounting legs or whatever you call them are too long but that's no big deal either. I can just cut them.
The bigger issues I have are:
1. There is no way to mount the rear bumper, at least on my deadbolt. It looks like I have to buy a whole spare scx10 rear bumper kit just for the mount. This would not have been quite as big a deal (though still annoying) if I had known about it before so I could have bought the extra bumper at the same time.
2. The screws to the legs don't work because the holes are too big. I can't secure the mounting legs to the bumper adapter plate because the screws don't hook up. They are the correct screws, 3x12mm. I don't think I have any other screws that would work so I may just try hot gluing the screws in place.
ultrataco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2015, 06:47 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Pro-Line ridgeline bumper installation issues

I had these same problems with mine. What I did was buy a cheap $10 aluminum bumper mount from hot racing for the front, and I moved the front bumper mount to the rear. This made the front a lot stronger. For the screws that won't fit into the mounting pegs, what I did was drill a larger hole into the mounting pegs, and then used the thick screws that the bumper kit came with (I think they are for the Revo). they fit in there with the larger diameter hole without splitting the plastic.
caleb.cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:13 PM   #3

I found some screws which worked OK for the legs. They're a bit short and may loosen up after getting bumped around later but are fine for now.
Also ordered an axial rear bumper set for $12. It looks the same as what I have but with the leg holes so it should work.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:26 PM   #4

Thanks for the heads up, I was looking at getting these bumpers.
94_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb.cole View Post
For the screws that won't fit into the mounting pegs, what I did was drill a larger hole into the mounting pegs, and then used the thick screws that the bumper kit came with (I think they are for the Revo). they fit in there with the larger diameter hole without splitting the plastic.
I went back and disassembled what I have and remounted the legs using those fatter screws. much more solid than the little screws I had used. I don't have a drill so used a screwdriver to make the holes big enough.

now just waiting on the rear bumper... hopefully friday.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:50 PM   #6

Man, thanks for the heads up. I'm tryin to decide on which frt & rear bunpers & DON'T EVEN want to go down this road. Been there done that!

Shame on Pro-Line for puttin out a "not so complete" product. When i buy an aftermarket accessory / part i expect it to fit & don't mind payin extra for a complete compatible product that doesn't require modification.
NorCal69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:07 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal69 View Post
Man, thanks for the heads up. I'm tryin to decide on which frt & rear bunpers & DON'T EVEN want to go down this road. Been there done that!

Shame on Pro-Line for puttin out a "not so complete" product. When i buy an aftermarket accessory / part i expect it to fit & don't mind payin extra for a complete compatible product that doesn't require modification.
Many of the Axial kits come with a rear bumper so a lot of people would already have the part.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Pro-Line ridgeline bumper installation issues - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro-Line F250 Half Cab bumper options? JDeezie82 Axial SCX-10 4 12-13-2013 05:27 PM