RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial SCX-10 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/)
-   -   Quick help........ Driveshaft (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/428819-quick-help-driveshaft.html)

fla_cracker 02-14-2013 10:46 AM

Quick help........ Driveshaft

What is the best temp., direct fit or minimal mod, driveshaft replacement for the scx10 dingo...

emaxx
stampede
slash 4x4
other?

until I can get funds together for some MIP's or the like. Part #'s are great too...

Thanks in advance..

Cory

Arctic Fire 02-14-2013 01:31 PM

Re: Quick help........ Driveshaft

I have the stampede's shafts with metal traxxas yokes on my back up rig and it has yet to fail me.

k7zpj 02-14-2013 01:57 PM

You can get the Junfac J90025 drive shafts for around $34.00.
Junfac Hardened Carbon Steel Universal Shafts (2 each) for Axial SCX10 and Dingo (will not work on Honcho) #J90025 - The Crawlers Store LLC

In the long run you would be better off just buying the MIP shafts now.
Otherwise you be spending at least 1/2 the cost of MIP's for the temp solution and then the MIPs later.

fla_cracker 02-14-2013 03:30 PM

The reason for the temp. Fix is i have an event this weekend and the LHS stocks traxxas. MIP is definitely in the future, just not by this weekend.

Thanks again...

lonleycreeper 02-14-2013 04:55 PM

Traxxas metal yokes and depending on length stampeed or tmaxx shafts.

Francois 02-14-2013 05:28 PM

What about some stock ones with some aluminum rod glued inside?

TURTLE 02-14-2013 05:35 PM

Do you have the new outputs on the transmission and pinions, the ones with the holes in them? If you do Traxxas 2.5 Maxx shafts will be your best bet. You have to put a drill bit through the yoke to make the inside round, but it is very simple. They will out live anything else on the market including MIPs.

fla_cracker 02-15-2013 09:08 AM

Thank you all that replied. I'm gonna go with the Tmaxx shafts as I do have the newer outputs with the hole through them.

Turtle,

Love your builds..."thumbsup"

fla_cracker 02-15-2013 01:02 PM

Update for those interested. I got the 2.5 maxx shafts and yokes. They are beefy.

The yokes are not going to fit the front output shaft. Yoke is too big diameter to get past the tranny.

With some minor modding it fit well to the rear output and rear axle.

For the axle.........Like Turtle said run a drill bit through the middle. I also had to trim the nipple area so the holes would line up.

For the tranny............I had to trim the base of the yoke so the holes would line up.

Pretty easy all in all. I will have to do some playing with the front to get it to work. I will update this when I get it figured.

Important part is I'm back on the trail........"thumbsup"