Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: What should I do to my truck?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Smile What should I do to my truck?!

What should I do to my truck? I think first is wheels and tires they are just stock dingo stuff.
All links are aluminum and transmitter servo and esc are good dont know about my motor choice its the axial 20t I have a mamba max pro esc and bec from old race car.
silversweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What should I do to my truck?!

What should you do? Continue to run and enjoy it! Keep the weight low and balanced to your driving style. These are great kits out of the box. Whenever necessary get some tires and beadlocks so you don't have to mess with gluing anymore. Buy a decent metric hex driver set if you haven't already. There are stronger aftermarket parts if you are the type to run your rig pretty hard, but other than that it's just about enjoying the hobby and personalizing your rig with details.
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Set it on fire, drive it around.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Pyro .....
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Forgot to comment on the motor. If you like a bit of speed and don't do a whole lot of really slow crawling the 20T is completely fine, it probably even does a fine job crawling, but if you ARE more into the slow crawling you can benefit from a higher turn motor which will have more low end power, heat up less, and use less power (longer run times) if you are OK with giving up some top speed. On 2s I prefer something like a 35T or a low geared 27T, but my favorite is a 55T on 3s. It's not fast but has crazy low end torque which helps me out a lot in being smooth. If you are in terrain like that in your photo most of the time I'd probably run a higher turn motor. If you see a lot of snow, sand, loose dirt, mud, etc. the extra wheel speed of the 20T comes in handy.

Last edited by 05Fronty4x; 02-21-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
RCC Addict

^^^^^^^ Listen to what he said. Talking to me tonight is like going to Camelot. It's a silly place. I will say this: get a Homes Hobbies motor, either a Torquemaster Pro or a Teialmaster Pro. You won't regret it.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

or..... you can just give me ur Dingo and save your self some money. Once u start modding it, u wont stop. I bought my used Honcho for $200 and i dont even wanna think what ive got into now and i dont even have half the stuff i want for it. LOL. Good luck modding.
06ToasterBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephas View Post
^^^^^^^ Listen to what he said. Talking to me tonight is like going to Camelot. It's a silly place.
Lmao. Good disclaimer...he just may have been giving it some thought.

One thing is for sure, Axial needs to run out of Dingo bodies already...I really doubt they are still in production, and it has probably been offered as the only kit for awhile just to help get rid of them. In good faith all of us recent kit builders should be sent a complimetary JK body set, fenders, bumpers and all. Axial, don't forget the link set as well.

Quote:
I will say this: get a Homes Hobbies motor, either a Torquemaster Pro or a Teialmaster Pro. You won't regret it.
Can't go wrong with a HH motor. I really want to try one of their 5-slot Crawlmasters in 35T equivalent on 3s .

Last edited by 05Fronty4x; 02-21-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Fronty4x View Post
In good faith all of us recent kit builders should be sent a complimetary JK body set, fenders, bumpers and all. Axial, don't forget the link set as well.
I nominate this for recent Honcho purchases as well. I couldnt stand waiting for the Rubicon to come in stock any longer....
BigGuyJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Red face Re: What should I do to my truck?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Fronty4x View Post
Forgot to comment on the motor. If you like a bit of speed and don't do a whole lot of really slow crawling the 20T is completely fine, it probably even does a fine job crawling, but if you ARE more into the slow crawling you can benefit from a higher turn motor which will have more low end power, heat up less, and use less power (longer run times) if you are OK with giving up some top speed. On 2s I prefer something like a 35T or a low geared 27T, but my favorite is a 55T on 3s. It's not fast but has crazy low end torque which helps me out a lot in being smooth. If you are in terrain like that in your photo most of the time I'd probably run a higher turn motor. If you see a lot of snow, sand, loose dirt, mud, etc. the extra wheel speed of the 20T comes in handy.
This advise is VERY appreciated I do like running with a little more speed but for some reason even with the 20t motor it is unusually slow... Gearing issue?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
^^^^^^^ Listen to what he said. Talking to me tonight is like going to Camelot. It's a silly place. I will say this: get a Homes Hobbies motor, either a Torquemaster Pro or a Teialmaster Pro. You won't regret it.
Which will have a little more speed?!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

You could roll it over on the rocks a time or two, even on purpose, just so it does not look like a trailer queen...and that would make mine not look so bad.
Valreesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #13

Speed is all up to the size of the motor and type of battery.

I personally run a torquemaster esc on 3s 4000mah battery's and a 20t stock axial motor.
Plenty of speed for the plastic truck ;)

Tq master waterproof -108$
Axial 20t- 15$
3s 4000 mah battery - 22$
Great fun
Chevymonster350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #14
RCC Addict

The Trailmaster is a bit faster. However, he'll do custom winds too... Fewer winds = more speed.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversweater View Post
This advise is VERY appreciated I do like running with a little more speed but for some reason even with the 20t motor it is unusually slow... Gearing issue?
Mine handles like crap over 5mph, but I'm fine with that because it's is a purpose built scale crawler and does a fantastic job at it. Speed is relative though, and yes the scx10 is a very low-geared RC. What spur/pinion are you running, and how slow is unusually slow?
Old 02-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #16

High turns and HIGH VOLTAGE!! I run two Integy 70T motors and two 7 cell NiMH batteries. Gobs of power and great wheel speed.
GRTrailRider is offline   Reply With Quote

What should I do to my truck?! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Truck and Truck Trial / Competition RC /KAMAZ STAR FORD URAL ZIŁ PRAGA MAN KRAZ Rasalo Scale Videos! 3 09-17-2012 07:28 AM
LOOKIE HERE!!! (Good inexpensive 2.2 parts truck or basher truck...) STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER Chit Chat 0 08-24-2007 12:44 PM