Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Scx10 Rubi stock shocks. Ride height adjustable?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Scx10 Rubi stock shocks. Ride height adjustable?

After loading up my rig with lots of gear for a long wheeling weekend my rig is busting a sag. I can't raise it back with the stock shocks can I?

Question number 2. If I switch from the stock 27T motor to something like a 35T how much different will it be? Worth the change?
Statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Scx10 Rubi stock shocks. Ride height adjustable?

That's what the threaded shock bodies are for. Tighten the ring down some to increase preload.

Motor choice depends on driving style and terrain. If you are strictly a slow crawler a higher turn motor is better. 35T is somewhat of a do-all motor with decent wheel speed and good low end power. Most of the difference you would notice would be if you went with a high quality purpose built hand wound crawler motor.
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Fronty4x View Post
That's what the threaded shock bodies are for. Tighten the ring down some to increase preload.

Motor choice depends on driving style and terrain. If you are strictly a slow crawler a higher turn motor is better. 35T is somewhat of a do-all motor with decent wheel speed and good low end power. Most of the difference you would notice would be if you went with a high quality purpose built hand wound crawler motor.
Got it, thanks manG.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statik View Post
After loading up my rig with lots of gear for a long wheeling weekend my rig is busting a sag. I can't raise it back with the stock shocks can I?

Question number 2. If I switch from the stock 27T motor to something like a 35T how much different will it be? Worth the change?

Unless you're in love with the wheel speed from that 27t motor a 35t would be an excellent choice. Probably the most popular. If you don't mind sacrificing a little wheel speed, get the 35t you'll love it.
urnot2brightru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by urnot2brightru View Post
Unless you're in love with the wheel speed from that 27t motor a 35t would be an excellent choice. Probably the most popular. If you don't mind sacrificing a little wheel speed, get the 35t you'll love it.
So the difference will be more torque?
Or will I actually be able to crawl even slower?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

If you want to crawl slower you can reduce your pinion size and/or use a less aggressive throttle profile/negative exponential (if your ESC/transmitter have the settings). Higher turn motors naturally have more power at lower RPM's so they do lend themselves to more low speed smoothness if that's what you're after. Again, if your style is to slowly crawl around then a higher turn motor is better. You get lower motor temperatures, less wear and tear, more low end and longer run times. I run a 55T on 3s which in terms of RPM is the equivalent of a 35T on 2s. It's perfect for my needs which is 99% slow controlled crawling.

If you are spending a lot of time giving your 27T more than half throttle then you may miss it a little if you go with a higher turn motor.

Last edited by 05Fronty4x; 02-27-2013 at 11:51 PM.
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

You wont see a huge difference. I run a 27 turn in my scaler. It crawls along just fine, and has a little pep when you want it.
ev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0l View Post
You wont see a huge difference. I run a 27 turn in my scaler. It crawls along just fine, and has a little pep when you want it.
But I just ate my last Fig Newton. Now what? Dang it.

Scx10 Rubi stock shocks. Ride height adjustable? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adjustable height system ABnormal Axial AX-10 Scorpion 21 04-29-2009 03:29 PM
Ride height versus max height Manson Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 10-03-2008 01:26 PM
Adjustable chassis height design... Stallion1967 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 22 08-03-2007 06:52 PM
Adjustable Height RC Crawler john alardin Chit Chat 16 06-29-2007 09:06 AM
??? that might light a fuse but...shocks /ride height Gabe Tamiya TLT Crawlers 14 06-08-2007 11:12 PM