Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: ax2 transmission questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #1

Default ax2 transmission questions

Hello, I just ordered an ax2 2 speed from rc4wd and was wandering how bad the torque twist is with the tranny. While I was ordering the tranny I also ordered a Robinson racing spur 93t 48p and not sure if it will work or not, if anyone knows let me know plz. Has anyone tried this tranny with a 35t 45t 55t and higher motor? I have a 35t coming and a 14t 48p pinion with the 93t 48p rr spur so if all works out I should have a high low gear with a top speed of the stock kit tranny in second gear and a really low first gear for slow crawling with 43/13 diff gears it should do ok, at least in my mind that is how I see it. If anyone has any useful info as far as motors and gearing for this tranny post it up. I know lots of ppl run high power brush less motor setups and lipo, that is not what I'm looking for, pinion, spur and high turn motor gearing is what I'm after, not looking for speed.
CanadianKronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: ax2 transmission questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianKronik View Post
Hello, I just ordered an ax2 2 speed from rc4wd and was wandering how bad the torque twist is with the tranny. While I was ordering the tranny I also ordered a Robinson racing spur 93t 48p and not sure if it will work or not, if anyone knows let me know plz. Has anyone tried this tranny with a 35t 45t 55t and higher motor? I have a 35t coming and a 14t 48p pinion with the 93t 48p rr spur so if all works out I should have a high low gear with a top speed of the stock kit tranny in second gear and a really low first gear for slow crawling with 43/13 diff gears it should do ok, at least in my mind that is how I see it. If anyone has any useful info as far as motors and gearing for this tranny post it up. I know lots of ppl run high power brush less motor setups and lipo, that is not what I'm looking for, pinion, spur and high turn motor gearing is what I'm after, not looking for speed.
Trans does not cause torque twist, suspension setup does.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: ax2 transmission questions

i would suggest a fast motor with this tranny, i ave the trans and the lo gear is VERY low... i run a brushless 3200kv and the low gear is pretty slow even with that motor in it.
T3rry is offline   Reply With Quote

ax2 transmission questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Venom Creeper With AX2 Transmission DoYouEvenArticulate Newbie General 0 02-28-2013 12:03 AM
Transmission/Diff questions Yeeharacing Newbie General 2 12-06-2007 08:20 PM