Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Couple Dumb Honcho questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Couple Dumb Honcho questions

ok, so as i impatiently await my honcho in the mail, i am perusing the instruction manual online. ive noticed some...oddities and things that raise some questions

first, it shows in the instructions that theres actual headlight buckets in the front, but theres no lights for them. in all the pictures i see the headlights as stickers, so are the light buckets behind them?

also, in most videos theres lights in the front buckets, but the instructions also say there isnt any included.

in the suspension department, i saw the front had a....3 link? upper y with 2 lower links...is there any advantage to this over the 4 link? just wondering if it would be worth the effort to make the swap.

last 2. first, i read someone put 2.2 tires on 1.9 wheels. can you do that?

and finally, whats the axial rcc connection? saw the website mentioned in the instruction manual. kinda neat, just curious.
REV666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Couple Dumb Honcho questions

The headlight buckets for the body come when you buy a new unpainted body, they're just a clear lexan you can paint and stick to the inside of the body. I chose to use the stickers on my new body so I didn't have wires connecting the body and chassis.
KillerBlackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

you can't put 2.2 tyres on a 1.9 rim. unless you modify the tyres to an inner diameter of 1.9 inch.
pobrockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I have a dingo with the front and rear 3 link from the kit. It seems to have more suspension flex than my dad's Honcho's four linked rear. I think the wheelbase has something to do with that, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

There's a common mis-conception that stock is 3 link, when by design a y-link acts just as 2 separate links would, making it nearly identical in function to the common 4-link we see. Some reasons I switched to home made stainless links are that my drive shaft contacted the y-link while flexing, and the stock y-link attatchment to the axle is a poor use of a rod end ball insert. The attatchment of the y-link deserves a better design and the use of something a bit more substantial and slop free. Also the ends of the y-link that attatch to the frame introduce extra friction if the nuts are over tightened, and sloppy if under tightened. And finally, of course I changed to 4 link because I'd much rather have stainless with the more precise fitting Revo rod ends than the stock aluminum/plastic links with Axials crappy plastic ball inserts.
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Couple Dumb Honcho questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
going to order a CC-01 have some dumb questions stevelknievel Tamiya XC/CC01 2 01-16-2011 03:37 PM
A couple honcho questions ageekwithabaja Axial SCX-10 5 02-13-2010 09:23 AM
I am RC dumb! Lots of questions! wranglercheroke Newbie General 7 07-16-2009 12:57 AM
Couple dumb questions knuckleslammer Electronics 20 04-05-2009 09:47 PM