Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Axial scx10 73 bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Axial scx10 73 bronco

Hi guys, some of you might remember my comanche and jk,

scx10 comanche -WIDENED CHASSIS- *UPDATE*
* scx10 jeep jk * action pics *

as you can see the chassis was widened by 2cm, this is a great modification to do but i just wanted to change up the layout of my truck, so instead of getting a new kit (which i don't really need) i decided to go back to the stock configuration. worked out really well. as you can see in the title it is going to be a 73 bronco, well i'm still waiting on the body to arrive as there is none in stock in the UK but it will resemble this truck : House's Bronco

anyway here are some pictures of the 'new' chassis layout.

battery plate bracket (cardboard)

with battery plate mocked up on it

here you can see that the electronics are all to the centre of the chassis and relatively low down for better weight distribution and COG.

steering

battery plate bracket drawn up on some 3mm scrap aluminium

mandatory flex shot, i was not aiming for a lot of flex but there is a lot of flex for an almost stock configuration

thats all for now, comments are much appreciated and i am happy to answer any questions.

thanks for viewing.

Last edited by pobrockcrawler; 03-24-2013 at 12:17 PM.
pobrockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Axial scx10 73 bronco

This thing looks mean! Is there a purpose for raising the steering links?
OKkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I believe he did it clear rocks better. That's why I do mine that way. Links tend to get hung up on rocks and limit clearance.
railripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKkrawler View Post
This thing looks mean! Is there a purpose for raising the steering links?
What railripper said and basically to get a bit more steering angle as it clears the pumpkin you can get the same results from a bent steering link or high clearance knuckles, the one i done is the poor mans high steer clearance. haha
Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

good news:

got a call from my lhs and said my body shell has arrived, going to pick it up tomorrow and get it painted, can't wait to see what it looks like
Old 04-23-2013, 01:56 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

hi guys, got some pictures of my fresh body shell, turned out really well i think

now for some outdoor pictures

fixed the wheelbase so the wheels are now centered in the arches at articulation

also my transmission had completely threaded to the point that the screws fell out while driving around, so i filled the holes with araldite and then i am going to drill the holes out and then thread them, hopefully this should work.

with the holes filled in

so my truck might not look like much at the moment, but i hope to cure this with some RC4wd 1.9 iroks and some custom bumpers and sliders.

thanks for viewing, as usual, and if you have and questions i am more than happy to answer, comments are much appreciated

Old 04-23-2013, 02:27 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Looks great. I reckon some custom light buckets and some detailing on that rear Ford sign would be nice touches.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
Looks great. I reckon some custom light buckets and some detailing on that rear Ford sign would be nice touches.
thanks man, i'm sure in time to come i will do some custom light buckets, i think i will leave the ford sign bare though, thanks for the sugestions
Old 04-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

i like the look of the trucks stance i did raise my honcho up a bit to clear for a 2.2 tire so i did not have to cut the body but id agree on put some nice lights on the truck along with litt detail on the rear even a poss swing out spare tire rack would scale it even more but overall great looking truck
crawlingfolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlingfolife View Post
i like the look of the trucks stance i did raise my honcho up a bit to clear for a 2.2 tire so i did not have to cut the body but id agree on put some nice lights on the truck along with litt detail on the rear even a poss swing out spare tire rack would scale it even more but overall great looking truck
thanks man, i guess i'll be doing some head lights in the new future then, i don't really want to do a rear swing out spare tire rack because it just means spending money on something that doesn't do anything just hinder performance, i will probably put a couple of stickers on the back and might attach my high lift jack to the back also.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

came up with a front bumper design, going to make it out of 5/6 mm brass tubing and then solder it together. first time making a bumper like that so i can't wait to see how it turns out. tell me what you think

Last edited by pobrockcrawler; 06-23-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quick question...where the upper links attach to the axles, what type of mounting are you using? I have a pair of plates from STRC but I don't like the way they look.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysplits View Post
Quick question...where the upper links attach to the axles, what type of mounting are you using? I have a pair of plates from STRC but I don't like the way they look.
i'm just using the stock plastic 4 link mount axial supplies in the scx10 parts bags
Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Ok cool...thanks! Im sitting here with an AX10 drivetrain and wondering what to do with it. I like the bronco!
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

so my birthdays in a few few weeks and i thought i should get a little list ready for what i would like for my truck, just thought i would share it with you guys.

6 Lug Hitman 1.9 Scale 6 Bolt Beadlock Wheels Hex Mount Mount realistic Bolts | eBay

King Off-Road Scale Piggyback adjustable alli Shocks Faux Reservoir 100mm Blue | eBay

Interco IROK 1.9" Tyres (2) RC4WD with Foams Z-T0054 Wide footprint SOFT | eBay

opinions welcome, thanks for looking.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

u can solve the transmision problem,by replacing with an alu one.and for my taste it will look better with 2.2 wheels.love the bronco body
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
u can solve the transmision problem,by replacing with an alu one.and for my taste it will look better with 2.2 wheels.love the bronco body
i try to fix things before i come to the conclusion it needs replacing, we will see if my repair job works, hopefully tonight as i still need to drill the holes out, i personally think 2.2 would look way too big, i am bit concious going with the 1.9 iroks as they are quite big but i've heard a lot of good about them so i thought i should give them a try, and yeah the bronco has to be one of my favourite 70s american 4x4.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

well it's been a while since my last update but my truck is now up and running, finally. I ended up replacing my transmission housing and the i realised i needed a new spur gear and then i had to get new body posts, so as soon as i thought i could drive my truck i couldn't, but anywho it is up and running now and i hope to take it out tomorrow. In the meantime here are some photos, oh yeah i added my roof rack.

whats a thread without some articulation shots

Thanks for viewing
Old 06-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Love the early Bronco's. I've got one on my CR-01. When my Rubicon gets beat, it will get one too. Your Bronco looks great.
raceeng18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:05 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceeng18 View Post
Love the early Bronco's. I've got one on my CR-01. When my Rubicon gets beat, it will get one too. Your Bronco looks great.
Thanks for the compliment man, post some pics up when you eventually get your body

Axial scx10 73 bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 SCX10 Bronco Colby 1.9 Scale Rigs 40 11-11-2011 02:48 AM