Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Axial support nightmare

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Axial support nightmare

After 3 days of building my dingo i noticed a chatter in the front and rear and asked people on the form and I got a ton of answers well none of them fixed it. So I sent it to axial to figure it out they said it was the tires not being glued I said no and they said well we need electronics to tell 100% I said the guy I talked to said you didnt need them because you had the stuff to put on it. Well I ended up having to send my ESC, rx/tx, motor and a battery. I called for 4 days straight and they kept blowing me off so today I talked to a GUY named MIKE he told me they (LOST YOUR ELECTRONICS) I wasnt mad because I am a warehouse manager and had all my papers in order to prove they had it. After we talked for a couple mins and they said if we dont find your stuff tomorrow we will send a RTR HONCHO

so that said I LOVE AXIAL and is there any difference between a honcho and dingo??
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial support nightmare

Wheel base. body an bumpers... thats all
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Did the dingo have the upgraded aluminum links? If so, the honcho RTR will not.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
RichMTB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
Jus
I wanna be Dave

I would have never sent the whole truck back. It'd have to be the biggest lemon in history for me to even consider that.

You'll also be getting a big downgrade going from a dingo kit to a honcho rtr. I'd just demand a whole new dingo kit plus some compensation for *losing* your electronics.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I have the honcho rtr and the electronics on it were decent at best. I woild definatly throw a fit and tell them you want compensation for losing the electronics. However I love the honcho I have but the electronics that it come with was gone after a week. I dropped the tx at a comp and that was the end of that. But axial has always treated me well . But ive never had any big problems either.
jaredcrawler185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I would advise against "throwing a fit". As you can see, they are willing to help you throught the process here and they want to make it right by you. If you're willing to accept a new honcho RTR, then thats the name of that tune. If, however, you feel you will be getting a lesser vehicle by accepting this, I would simply tell them how you feel.

In the most recent past, I have found nothing more than admiration on my part for how Axial deals with their customers. They have been MORE than accomodation with me and I couldnt ask for anything more. Surely, they will work through this with you as long as you dont act like a turd. They are people too and you're going to get farther if you treat them as such.

Red
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Haha I didnt mean throw a fit as in start yelling and cussing. No what I meant as that if he had high dollar electronics I wouldnt settle for the lesser electronics that come with the rtr. As I stated ive never had a problem with the company. I would just tell them that you want your electronics replaced. Or other compensation. And I gueas I should have worded that differwntly sorry bout that.
jaredcrawler185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #8

Hey there. Im glad you got sorted. Im not sure what suggestions you got in regards to the chatter but I had a similar issue.
Ended up that my pinion angles were off. Fixed the issue by using the longer rod ends for the upper links to set the pinion angles correctly.
When driving the truck on the ground, it would sort of hop or shudder. In the air, would produce similar results. The correct angle kept the drive shafts from binding.
wakeside is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial support nightmare - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holmes Hobbies Feedback...Unbelievable Support..Why to support Vendors Fishmaxx Holmes Hobbies 443 02-22-2014 01:52 AM
Id like to thank Axial for great customer support evan03 General Crawlers 2 01-26-2013 05:33 PM
AXIAL custom support is FANTASTIC!!!!! 75LC General Crawlers 8 02-19-2012 08:39 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM