Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: dont buy topcad stuff....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default dont buy topcad stuff....

so i placed a fairly big order on asiatees for some parts for the wraith and honcho.

no word yet on if the wraith stuff works, havent put it on yet.

first thing, i got a scale tool set that came in a different color than the pic. ok, ill live.

second, i got the front and rear shock upgrade towers ( from plastic to aluminum, with the chassis braces). they both went together fine....until i tested them out. first thing the front didnt come with extra screws for the battery tray, so now ive just used the coarse threaded ones that come with the truck in the fine threaded alu. it holds so NBD...until i notice that whenever you flex the suspension the servo mounts touch the brace because its so much thicker at the screw...on the opposite side you flex. it basically cause the axle to be inflexible. no bueno. so out comes the dremel....grinding brand new parts.

ok, got that kinda taken care of, lets put the body on....****! the body posts are now too wide and doesnt line up with the stock holes, but only by a bit so instead of having to drill new holes, id have to oval the stock. i dont want to do this yet, in case there is a time when i need to go back to stock.

so lets move on to the bumper mounts i was told by asiatees would help raise the stock bumper (i know you can make a lift at home, but i didnt have anything handy and i figured the alu would stiffen it up a bit)....no way possible that the front bumper will mount to either of these....

so the only thing that i ordered that worked as it should was the axial brand steering links. yay.
REV666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: dont buy topcad stuff....

Dude that sucks big time!
Bogncrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: dont buy topcad stuff....

me and a couple of other guys done the same as you one big order. i got the knuckles and c-hubs for my scx10 and the first thing i noticed was the screws for the c-hubs are too long so if you used them it would bind on the cvd shaft and then you couldnt put the other side in as there was no room to screw it all the way in so i just used some i had luckily lying around. the screws for the kunckles were the same too long so i done the same used my own screw`s.

one of the guys got the carbon centre shafts for the wraith and you can guess what happened one of the screw`s went in halfway and just stopped luckily it went in far enough to hold the shaft in place and when he tried to take it out it just rounded off so he thought all try and use a pair of pliers bad idea the screw head just squashed itself so now if he wants it out he has to drill it out and re-tap the hole if he can or try and re-tap the other side. he also got the same shocks towers and brace as you but his seem ok right now no binding anywere that i could see.

the screw`s you get with topcad stuff just suck they seemed tobe made from the cheesiet metal you can get
boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote

dont buy topcad stuff.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
another i dont know what to buy thread kev_gti5 Newbie General 24 08-01-2010 10:01 PM
DONT BUY THE TLT-1!!!! tltcrawlerxtrem Tamiya TLT Crawlers 28 01-19-2005 10:45 AM