Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Better steering confusion???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #1

Default Better steering confusion???

Wanting to improve the steering on my scx-10 and get clockable c-hubs since my front axle is clocked for binding reasons. My question is should i get axial high steer knuckles and axial clockable hubs or should i go with the vanquish 8* knuckles and hubs? I kno i will also need cvd axles and depending on spare money ill get the axial or vanquish set. Still new to crawlers and getting a little confused between the two even after research.

Thanks for any input, Cody
Cody318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I'm definitely not the most experienced here on the site but I'll give you my 2¢… I run the axial stuff on my scx's. I haven't had alot of experience with vanquish. There stuff seems very well built but to me seem directed towards the hard core crawlers being basically bullet proof. Axial parts do the job just fine in the scalers and saves me a few bucks. They both do the same job, guess it boils down to, how much you want to spend an how much abuse you plan on giving it.

Sent from the end of my fingertips

Last edited by Grichardson152; 03-28-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Grichardson152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Better steering confusion???

I run Axial high clearance knuckles and universals. No issues with durability, and a sizable increase in steering over stock. With the servo on the axle the clearances between your horn and steering links become pretty tight and you'll need to both bend and lengthen your tie rod to clear the axle at full lock and for proper toe. Be sure that you have a radio with endpoint adjustment. Some of the savings in going with Axial parts can go towards some HD overdrive gears for the front axle and/or underdrive for the rear. Among other things this will also help reduce tire scrub which increases steering performance as well.
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Better steering confusion??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HH TorqueMaster Confusion... Greatscott Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 9 10-18-2010 08:36 AM
2.1.6 confusion captain.roche WRCCA Rules 4 10-06-2010 12:12 PM
Motor confusion . Help ? rc_pimp Electronics 2 05-31-2010 07:22 PM
CHASSIS confusion kid rock Newbie General 18 12-19-2007 01:23 PM