Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Overdriving the Front Axle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Overdriving the Front Axle?

Only downside I have found ud/od combo (at least running 2s) is that I can't do donuts anymore.
pie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie_ View Post
Only downside I have found ud/od combo (at least running 2s) is that I can't do donuts anymore.
Mine can in reverse on 2s.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
Mine can in reverse on 2s.
I'm still running stock axle shafts (ridgecrest) and don't want to break anything trying it in reverse.
pie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #44

i'm running 43/13 rear, stock front. 05Fronty4x nailed it.
dlm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

I'll take facts over opinion any day...then i'll come up with my own opinions
cox308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cox308 View Post
I'll take facts over opinion any day...then i'll come up with my own opinions
Lol

I haven't even shared my actual opinion on which I'd choose if I only installed one offset gear, and it doesn't have anything to do with numbers, science, or whether or not I ate my wheaties that day. I'd do underdriven rear just because it's easier and quicker to swap out than the front.
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Fronty4x View Post
Lol

I haven't even shared my actual opinion on which I'd choose if I only installed one offset gear, and it doesn't have anything to do with numbers, science, or whether or not I ate my wheaties that day. I'd do underdriven rear just because it's easier and quicker to swap out than the front.
Oh I wasn't saying you were. lol. I was actually praising your post. Your response on this thread are the best I've seen the OD/UD explained and helps me a lot. I'm sure it will help many to follow.

Also saves me from doing the math! I went with the UD rear also just because It is a tad bit more than the OD front. I also like reducing the gearing more than gearing up for crawling.
cox308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Lol

Ha! That's actually one factor I never thought of lol but I do mostly open up my front end for the beef tubes so I guess fronts for me too in that sense.

Sent from Outerspace Using My iFreeze Ray Gun
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cox308 View Post
Oh I wasn't saying you were. lol. I was actually praising your post. Your response on this thread are the best I've seen the OD/UD explained and helps me a lot. I'm sure it will help many to follow.

Also saves me from doing the math! I went with the UD rear also just because It is a tad bit more than the OD front. I also like reducing the gearing more than gearing up for crawling.
Sorry about that, the "Lol" was the only part that was a direct response to your post, haha.

The rest was directed to the other talk of opinions, and even then the bird flipper wasn't meant in a serious harsh offensive type of way either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Creeper View Post
Ha! That's actually one factor I never thought of lol but I do mostly open up my front end for the beef tubes so I guess fronts for me too in that sense.

It's not that it's hard, my preference for the different gear sets is just that menial that it only boils down to something as insignificant as the 5 minute difference between doing the rear vs front. I'd actually like to put the stock ratio HD gears in the front anyways since I still have the crappy pot metal looking stock gears in there. I really dig the precision and 1-piece pinion of the HD sets.

Thanks for reminding me, I actually need to get me some beef.
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Sorry about that, the "Lol" was the only part that was a direct response to your post, haha.

The rest was directed to the other talk of opinions, and even then the bird flipper wasn't meant in a serious harsh offensive type of way either.

It's not that it's hard, my preference for the different gear sets is just that menial that it only boils down to something as insignificant as the 5 minute difference between doing the rear vs front. I'd actually like to put the stock ratio HD gears in the front anyways since I still have the crappy pot metal looking stock gears in there. I really dig the precision and 1-piece pinion of the HD sets.

Thanks for reminding me, I actually need to get me some beef.
I can't go without my beef, gotta have it! That's my #2 on my axle upgrades list, then aluminum knucks and chubs, etc etc

Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Lol

My reasoning is similar, I am cheap, I can buy the 1 set of gears for the rear & then I have a spare set for the front for free.
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:17 AM   #52

well that accelerated quickly... lol good info buried in the little tissy from those 2... lol
NateR OG E-revo is offline   Reply With Quote

Overdriving the Front Axle? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Narrowing front Wraith Axle for front of scx10 rusty577 Axial SCX-10 12 02-02-2013 10:30 PM
Overdriving the front new2it EnRoute Berg 7 01-20-2012 03:46 PM
LNC front axle teardown/axle shaft removal guide? LowLock Team Losi Comp Crawler 1 05-22-2011 09:31 PM
front steering linkage behind front axle kit? slip408 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 09-14-2008 01:16 AM