Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: scx 10 knuckle problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default scx 10 knuckle problems

Hi I have the scx10 honcho with vanquish aluminum knuckles anyway the two screws were the knuckles screw on keep coming loose and actually fall out after about 30 min of run time what is a good way to keep tjem in but not where you cant get thwm out if u needed to
jaredcrawler185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: scx 10 knuckle problems

Use some blue lock tight not to much though, and let sit over night should be good to go, that's what I did on my wraith and Scx
Bogncrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The very best fix for this issue is a bit costly and time consuming, but IMO well worth the effort... install a set of Beef Tubes in the front axle! Once the tubes are installed you would use fine-thread machine screws (instead of course thread self tapping screws) that would screw into the threads of the tubes which will provide a good strong anchor point to attach your C-hubs to ... don't forget the blue thread locking compound

ETA: Whoop's! After re-reading your post, I see you are referring to the steering knuckle screws... blue thread lock should still be the fix.

Last edited by BodiBuilt; 04-02-2013 at 12:47 PM.
BodiBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogncrawl View Post
Use some blue lock tight not to much though, and let sit over night should be good to go, that's what I did on my wraith and Scx
x2 on this method.. BUT what i found is the tighter the screw, the small plastic bushing balloons and binds up the knuckle..

So remove it all, get some diff lube on a q-tip, lube up the knuckles eyelets where the bushing goes liberally.

Re-insert it, and use loctite on the hardware, keep your allen wrench in the screw head, and cycle your steering full left and full right a couple times to work in the grease on the plastic bushing.

Then let sit over night and your golden! i do this on all my joints, keep em wet and well lubed (in a good way)
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

In the above post he mentioned plastic bushings......If your bushings are plastic get new metal ones..they are called flange pipe on Rpp . my two cents..
801RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Would red loc tite work
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Beef tubes do work great on the front end , don't use red lock tight unless you plan on never taking the front apart at some point for repairs
Bogncrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Well im in a perdicament so I had to use the red loc tite. Im kinda in a comp with some friends and were in the kiddle of nowhere staying all week crawling and camping and we have a friendly wager between us a kinda comp between friends lol and it wou ld be cheaper to loctite these and I could buy a new pair if I ever needed to later on. Since im winning and hopefully stay winning ill have a little extra cash I can get more parts
Old 04-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredcrawler185 View Post
Well im in a perdicament so I had to use the red loc tite. Im kinda in a comp with some friends and were in the kiddle of nowhere staying all week crawling and camping and we have a friendly wager between us a kinda comp between friends lol and it wou ld be cheaper to loctite these and I could buy a new pair if I ever needed to later on. Since im winning and hopefully stay winning ill have a little extra cash I can get more parts

thats always the best way to go, take their money and show em your shiny new parts!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

haha right I hope to god I keep up the pace im in bc these guys have more experience than I do but with this forum and my constant practicing im getting better by the day I do have a question I know its supposed to dry in 20 min and then cure for 24 hours would It hurt if I took it out before the 24 hours is up
Old 04-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredcrawler185 View Post
haha right I hope to god I keep up the pace im in bc these guys have more experience than I do but with this forum and my constant practicing im getting better by the day I do have a question I know its supposed to dry in 20 min and then cure for 24 hours would It hurt if I took it out before the 24 hours is up
yes and no..

ive put loctite on screws in trail repairs, used my rig for a couple hours and upon getting back home the screws were barely starting to back out, maybe 2-3 turns at the most, maybe not even that.

and other instances ive put loctite on, waited 48-hrs (fri-sat) and then took my rig out for a g6 style sunday comp and had em back out the first hour so it all depends on how heavy your foot is, lol.

but you should be good after 20min if not, keep an allen wrench in your jean pocket, ive done it, and trust me stopping to tighten it 2-1/2 turns every 30min wont hurt
Old 04-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

sounds good im fixing to run her again well see how it goes this time lol

scx 10 knuckle problems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx-10 problems CelicaJosh Newbie General 5 02-14-2013 11:07 PM
scx 10 steering knuckle & 2.2 tires? Barndog Racing Newbie General 9 12-31-2012 09:56 AM
problems on a scx 10 with gmade axles Reaper.aa Axial SCX-10 2 07-06-2012 12:27 PM
SCX 10 Receiver and Servo Problems jray Newbie General 7 09-05-2011 11:05 AM