Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: need some input

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default need some input

I bought a used SCX10 and made it a long wheelbase so I could put a honcho body on it. the question is the truck has a Hand Brothers servo frame mount, with a hard pan kit, so if take the frame mounted servo off. and mount the servo on the axle do I need to remove the hard pan kit, the only reason I would move the servo is to mount the battery plate up front to get the honcho body to fit, cause I don't want to cut the body to clear the battery plate, that is currently mounted in the back. the servo mount is kinda high, so putting the battery tray over it is out, I got 7.4 volt 5000 mAh lipos that are big batteries so need to mount it some how.

Last edited by kgb424; 04-15-2013 at 06:18 PM.
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: need some input

I would remove the pan hard mount if you move the servo to the axle and run a four link in the front or three link. but before you do you could consider mounting the battery side ways over the frame rails in front of the motor or depending on battery size you could cut out a L shaped plate and mount it around the chassis mounted servo and run like a 1550mah 2s or 3s next to the servo. I did that on my last honcho and i am currently building another and plan on running 4000 or 5000 mah 3s and will mount a battery plate cross the frame like I mentioned.
nafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Mount the servo in the stock location on the axle. Move the battery tray to the front, and mount it as low as possible ,it should clear. I've got a 6500 mil amp lipo in my scx10 basher that fits.
im gunna crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I got screwed the guy ground and cut off the servo mounts on the axle, so now I got to buy axle housing, with the mounts, or buy a servo frame mount, I seen one that mounts in across the front of the frame right behind the front bumper mount, and is low enough to mount the battery tray over the top of the servo, not sure where I seen it or brand, going to buy a four link truss and four link the front. not sure how to mount the servo yet. any input would be very helpful thank you.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:50 AM   #5

were the mounts cut off the rear axle? just swap front and rear?
2ply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Why not just buy a smaller battery and mount it next to the servo?
Sydwaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb424 View Post
I got screwed the guy ground and cut off the servo mounts on the axle.
That's a common scaler mod.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafie View Post
I would remove the pan hard mount if you move the servo to the axle and run a four link in the front or three link. but before you do you could consider mounting the battery side ways over the frame rails in front of the motor or depending on battery size you could cut out a L shaped plate and mount it around the chassis mounted servo and run like a 1550mah 2s or 3s next to the servo. I did that on my last honcho and i am currently building another and plan on running 4000 or 5000 mah 3s and will mount a battery plate cross the frame like I mentioned.
You also limit yourself to the size of wheels you can run this way dont you? I have 2.2s on my Dingo and there is no way I can mount my 5000mah lipo there without it hitting under compression.
Cottonme173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

on both axles? you could switch the front and rear around if the rear isnt ground.

otherwise there is https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ed=0CF4Q8wIwAw

Cheap stock replacement options.
Intashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

some one ground the servo mounts off both axles, but that's ok, I could replace axle housing, but still would only get two mounting holes for servo plate cause the third one is in the stock three link truss, I bought a aluminum four link truss, and a new aluminum servo frame mount, the turns the servo sideways right where the front bumper mount, goes into the front, under the battery tray, don't know i'm new here can I post pics right away or do I have to wait, cause I'll will post pics when the parts come in and after if people would like. so this centers the servo, so can I make a suicide steering system like the one I say for a wraith. and use two arms in stead of the one stock one. running 1.9'' no neede too go to 2.2 got two wraiths, want to keep the scx10 close to scale.

Last edited by kgb424; 04-17-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Consider yourself lucky to have the Hand Bros mount. I love mine for the scale aspect. Here are some pics of mine with the battery in and out. The body fits right in between the winch and battery. There are plans floating around to make the plate to mount everything on using factory mounts.

Sydwaiz is offline   Reply With Quote

need some input - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need Input sobe164 HPI Wheely King 5 04-23-2009 04:46 PM
anyone got some input? moe68 Paint and Body 17 02-23-2007 12:49 PM
Need some input BlueMonster Electronics 3 12-09-2006 05:01 AM