Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: "Must have" upgrades for SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

I agree. I did the kit and only 1 4 link truss. I'll be upgrading soon either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kesuai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #42

Default Re: "Must have" upgrades for SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon RTR

I went the kit route with the Rubi Unlimited and only one 4-link parts tree. So I had to order a second tree and hardware, but now I am going to switch over to metal 4-link mount front and rear.
Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:16 PM   #43

Move battery across chassis behind shock hoops, vanquish 4 link, pitbull tires.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #44

I think the number 1 must have addition for a brand new rtr scx10 is a good light bar so you can go crawling with your buddies after dark. That might be because I reside in AZ however and starting about now all our crawling happens when the sun goes down. Also night crawling is just plain fun.
aggro chooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:56 PM   #45

I drove mine for almost a year while deciding what I needed. One thing that really bothered me was all the flex in the steering link when you try to turn out of a bad spot. So aluminum steering links went on my list first. Then from the experience I've had owning and upgrading the steering on my Wraith, Ridgecrest and Exo, I knew I was going to need an aluminum servo horn because they strip real quick after going with stiffer steering links. The next thing to go will be the servo.

What surprised my was how badly the upper and lower suspension links had bent in that year. I never really looked under there. I also had the dreaded y link popping out up front and fixed that with a washer but was never happy with all the play left on it. I looked in the box and found another ball to put in there so that fixed it until I upgraded.

In the end I drove my rig for almost a year, beat it like crazy and have no real complaints. When it came time to upgrade I purchased the Vanquish CMS with panhard with the 3 link conversion and all problems were solved. Here's the link. Axial SCX 3 Link / CMS / Panhard Conversion Kit for Stock 12.3 WB It ran me around $120 shipped but I got close to a year out of a stock rig. Plenty of time to start an upgrade jar and fill it whenever I have a few bucks to throw in it.

I know this is a lot of writing to just end up agreeing with most of the guys on here about just upgrading as you need stuff, but I wanted to add my personal experience and overall satisfaction with the Axial line. Hopefully this helps you or someone who stumbles onto this thread.

Here are some pics of the 3 link/CMS/Panhard

Gonzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #46
Rock Stacker

Just a tip I've learned keep the 1.9 tires .my opinon . The truck performs better and less problems down the road u wana enjoy it not work on it all the time . I do agree on the aluminum c hubs and spindles they are a weak point but upgrade when break that's what I did .
the build master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:33 PM   #47

I've done a few small things to my truck but the best thing I have done is move the battery's to the side if the truck. I bought an extra tray and mounted 2 battery's to the truck. I can out crawl my buddy who has the battery up front. He like my set up so much he switched

I can take a better pic if you would like
Redovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:50 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaMark View Post
Upgrade the steering servo, the stock one sucks big time and follow the rest steering link and so forth
Yep!
CrawlSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #49

Hy! I want to buy an Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. It will be my first crawler. Actually, i have an entry-level car. . I didn`t found many details and i have some questions . Is ok to use a 2s lipo? i didn`t found many details about ESC. has it lipo cut off? I know that motor have 27 T. So, the speed will be low. but what speed has the car? i am not buying it only for crawling. Is it waterproof? I saw many movies where the car was in water..In my country, aren`t many parts for this car, because the modelism is rarely. where can I buy upgrades/parts for it ? Sorry guys for my bad english
Gabii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabii View Post
Hy! I want to buy an Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. It will be my first crawler. Actually, i have an entry-level car. . I didn`t found many details and i have some questions . Is ok to use a 2s lipo? i didn`t found many details about ESC. has it lipo cut off? I know that motor have 27 T. So, the speed will be low. but what speed has the car? i am not buying it only for crawling. Is it waterproof? I saw many movies where the car was in water..In my country, aren`t many parts for this car, because the modelism is rarely. where can I buy upgrades/parts for it ? Sorry guys for my bad english
It is ok to use a 2s lipo battery and yes it has an automatic cut off.
It is not waterproof.
The truck is not made to be fast vehicle..its a trail and semi crawling vehicle.
If you want something fast then don't get the scx10 and maybe look at a traxxas rustler or an associated T4..If you want fast and 4 wheel drive then the slash 4x4 or the associated sc10 4x4.

Parts you should be able to fimd all over the internet (ebay/Amazon etc...Just type in "SCX10" on the search and have fun.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #51

My first upgrade
Bought from rpphobby

For me the first thing you need to upgrade
Are the 4 links
Take a look

the other one is bent
How did I managed to bend it?
From standing still and full throttle
the rear tires will grab and try to lift the front tire
That causes the plastic to bend

those links are weak

rigid full set of links
knightcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:17 AM   #52
waw
Quarry Creeper

I learned a lot just by reading this side of the thread.. nice input guys my next project is replacing those lower links with aluminium / steel on my C/R Rubicon

I already did the battery front replacement + CVD + chubs + knuckles + waterproofing the AE-2 ESC (although having ordered an AE-5)
waw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 07:17 AM   #53
waw
Quarry Creeper

I learned a lot just by reading this side of the thread.. nice input guys my next project is replacing those lower links with aluminium / steel on my C/R Rubicon

I already did the battery front replacement + CVD + chubs + knuckles + waterproofing the AE-2 ESC (although having ordered an AE-5)
waw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:28 AM   #54

Hi Guys,

I'm also new to RC and just received my SCX10 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON. My AX30426 Steering Upgrade Kit is on the way too.
I just wanted to ask if i will upgrade the servo horn what is the compatible for the stock servo, is it 23T, 24T or 25T aluminum?

Thanks in advance!
kardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:00 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardel View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm also new to RC and just received my SCX10 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON. My AX30426 Steering Upgrade Kit is on the way too.
I just wanted to ask if i will upgrade the servo horn what is the compatible for the stock servo, is it 23T, 24T or 25T aluminum?

Thanks in advance!
Hey Kardel, welcome to the forum. I believe stock is 25T but after you install the upgrade kit and aluminum servo horn you're going to strip that stock servo within a run or 2. Find a servo you like and buy the servo horn for that one. Good luck with your build.

I googled "servo spline count" and this popped up.

Servo spline count.....what to use where...
Gonzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:38 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Replace and upgrade everything...... Just kidding. The biggest piece of advise I can give about upgrades save the money to buy the best the first time, if not you will be buying twice and spending more money in the long run. Cheap/Cool over quality means fool over durability.
THUNDER PRO is offline   Reply With Quote

"Must have" upgrades for SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon RTR - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bender's SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon BENDER Axial SCX-10 110 02-10-2015 08:10 PM
Axial SCX10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon jason Scale Videos! 16 11-03-2013 09:27 AM
SCX10™ 2012 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon HyperMark Axial SCX-10 0 10-30-2012 08:07 AM
Operation Black Ops: "Behind Enemy Lines" Part 1 Axial Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JK LetsGoMuddin Scale Videos! 2 06-02-2012 11:27 AM