Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: dropped comp style body on scx-10?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default dropped comp style body on scx-10?

been looking at almost every RC truck I can find and asking stupid questions. I'm a complete noob to RC. almost everywhere along the lines people have tried to talk me into an axial scx10. now I seen a jeep one of these in person and its HUGE, its just way to big. but I been sitting here lookin at what makes it bigger then some of the other comp style 1/10's and its the realistic body.

how hard would it be to remove the bumper and the plastic parts that sit right at the bottem of the body drop one down low. cut away the bodt comp style to allow the wheels to flex up and down. how hard would it be to put those parts back on and get the body high again and ready for a scale crawl comp if I wanted to get into one?
Gravebane525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: dropped comp style body on scx-10?

Seems like you want an AX10 not an SCX10.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I can't really tell the difference myself. I've seen the AX10's rigged this way. I was just curious if the SCX10 could be. trying to decide between the two. from what I'm told the scx10 is scale and the ax10 is "comp" just looking at other comp crawlers I didn't see the ax10 standing much of a chance if I wanted to try crawling against others. where the scx10 would be decent against other scale crawlers? I don;t really know, been trying to figure out where to start for 2-3 weeks now and starting to get overwhelmed with it all. every time I think I know what I want I figure out I was wrong.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I don't think the scx10 would do what you are talking about. There are just too many differences in the chassis and suspension. I chose the scx10 over the ax10 because of the scale possibilities and performance. If are not looking to trick out the interior and just want to crawl you would probably be happier with the ax10.
TriggerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

hm. yea I'm not interested in the interior, or it looking like a real car, or putting G.I. Joe inside to drive. maybe you do have a point on the ax10. most of what I'll be wanting to do is woods romping with a bit of crawling. though 2 of the coolest RC cars I seen on this site were scx10's. the one gremlin that sold alittle while ago and the melons VW bug.

dropped comp style body on scx-10? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mounting comp style body? Tom94offroaduk Paint and Body 2 01-18-2011 11:52 AM
Any pics of the SCX with an older Chevy body on it? Like the 67-72 C-10 style body? riz Axial SCX-10 16 01-03-2010 07:13 PM